Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I was able to jog for 15 minutes straight today!

May not seem like a lot, but that was a first for me!! I have been working toward my goal for over two months now. (Been on mpf for a month) in that time I have completely given up soda, took my endurance up on my elliptical from 5 minutes to 30-45, then kept up with the rpm speed it wanted me at, then started walking along the beach ( I live right along the gulf coast) and now today added 15 minutes of light jog to my walk that has now become an hour long!

I may not be appearing to shrink, but I'm so proud of all the accomplishments I have made so far, fitness wise!

Replies

• nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    Those are some incredible achievements, you've done so well. Jogging is something I've never been able to do so go you!! I gave up soda as well and I know how hard that was.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    May not seem like a lot, but that was a first for me!!

Doesn't matter, you earned up to it. Good job. Keep healthy and be able to build up. :)
  • Really good! I tried the elliptical for the first time the other day and could barely do a minute and a half. So, congratz on your 15 mins of running. It's a great start.
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    That's amazing!!!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Hell yeah! Go get it!
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Congrats on that. I know how that feels, when you are finally jogging and it's longer than 30 seconds.

I kinda miss the treadmill. Ever since I stopped doing that because of the old knee, I'm kinda feeling nostalgic. It's gonna be a long three months until I get that surgery.
  • Way to go! I've worked my way up to 10 minutes, so I know how awesome it feels to go so long and far! :) Keep it up! :)
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Fantastic work! Keep going!
  • That's such a huge thing, don't minimize it! I had that experience last year, worked up to 20 minutes and never ever would have thought that was possible! I let it slip and I'm dying after 4 now, but I'll get it back! Great job!
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    great job!
  • SpecialKH
    SpecialKH Posts: 70 Member
    Congrats! It's way harder than I thought! In April I could only do 7minutes on the elliptical at 6mph - Now I can do 30 and was able to do the whole 5K (3.15mi) in 30 so I signed up for a 5K. So I went to a park and decided to do a 'real' 5K run and OMG - barely ran 2/10 of a mile! (Best guess...) I alternated running/walking (mostly walking) and did nearly 30 miles but geez - I don't think I'll be ready for the 5K in time. I was hoping I could actually run the whole thing - I'd come so far! 45 pounds down and so much fitter!

I'll get there. Happy for your achievement! That's great!
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    That is an accomplishment!
    Don't minimize it girl!! :flowerforyou:

Awesome job!
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    that is awesome! high five!!
  • redromad275
    redromad275 Posts: 884 Member
    Don't compare yourself to others as we are all different. Compare yourself to yourself. By setting realistic goals you should see improvement continuing. Nice job!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Congrats! You are doing great.
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    May not seem like a lot, but that was a first for me!! I have been working toward my goal for over two months now. (Been on mpf for a month) in that time I have completely given up soda, took my endurance up on my elliptical from 5 minutes to 30-45, then kept up with the rpm speed it wanted me at, then started walking along the beach ( I live right along the gulf coast) and now today added 15 minutes of light jog to my walk that has now become an hour long!

I may not be appearing to shrink, but I'm so proud of all the accomplishments I have made so far, fitness wise!
    Good for you!! I pretty much started the same way, I'm now up to running a full 2 miles without walking. In two weeks I will be running a 5K. Keep up the good work! Any progress is good progress.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Excellent!

I can run about 7-8 mins then need a short walk break then can run 7-8 mins again. I'm trying to get to 5k with just running, not doing so well so far
    On a treadmill I can run for a full mile before needing to walk, I think I push myself more on there.
  • mckat08
    mckat08 Posts: 79 Member
    YOU ROCK!! Keep it up!
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    thanks everyone!! I had contemplated jogging but when I came to a spot where no one was around at all, I just did it. and kept going and going. I pushed myself the last few minutes and was so glad I did!
  • Summer4677
    Summer4677 Posts: 13 Member
    Fantastic! Keep pushing, I started running/jogging for one minute at a time and now I'm up to four miles.