Tracking my nutrition

Options
Hello!
Just joined this today! In the past I have used other apps to track my nutrition, but this seems way more accurate and offers more results on food to include. I have been really trying to maintain my vitamin/calcium/iron intake and watchdog my sugar and salt. I have cut sugar down significantly since I quit pop. I still find it hard to dodge sugar and salt though. I always double my intake! I thought I was eating "healthy" too.
As far as fitness goes, I have just transitioned jobs from an active one to a fully sedentary one. I am very worried about that. I have started to jog/walk about 45 minutes everyday and I try to stay active around the house when I'm not at work.
My family tells me I worry too much about this stuff, but I feel like you can't worry enough. In most American societies today the junk food is being consumed at an alarming rate. I recently watched Fed Up, which I recommend to everyone. It is extremely eye opening, but very important info for us all. My family also is made up of mostly obese adults, so I really want to help them. I will be getting them on here soon and will try to help them along the path to a healthy life style!
Thanks all! Let's get healthy and stay that way!

Replies

• Jaseau
    Jaseau Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey hey welcome to the site!
    You are certainly on the right path.
    Its quite scary how much salt and sugars are in every day foods! almost all packaged foods will have some! over time our bodies develop a tolerance and become addicted to these nasty things! when we think we are being healthy by say having a store bought orange juice... think again! let alone softdrink/pop! just for example.
    crazy!

My focus is avoiding eating anything that comes from a packet or has had some type of processing...
    anyway.. welcome again and look forward to seeing you on the site!

feel free to add me if you would like.

Cheers

J :)
  • VKanam
    VKanam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

It's never too early to take care of your health. And it's better/easier to form healthy habits early in life.