Things that should earn you extra calories - but don't...

Options
1. Walking fast in heels when you're late for a meeting. Heels in general should definitely count for more.
2. Turning down the offer of a nice lunch out at a restaurant with colleagues, to sit in the office and eat your low calorie soup.
3. Ignoring the chocolate biscuits in the office kitchen.
4. Ignoring the case of wine in the corner of the office, including one bottle of my absolute favourite.

Lets hope the weigh-in tomorrow makes it all worth it!!

Anyone have any other suggestions for activities that should count for calories??

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Only eating one (very small) chocolate and leaving the rest for another day/s.
    It still has 40 calories!
  • Bub3les0
    Options
    putting kids in snowpants, hats , hoods, mittens, boots ans running them to the school bus before it leaves should count :)
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Dealing with obnoxious, rude people or teenagers all day.

An emotionally stressful day.

Keeping your patience, when most people would explode.

Being emotionally exhausted, but still going through the routine.

Those are just a few of mine.
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    Standing up on the bus all the way to work because there's no spare seats.

Telling my co-worker that the cookies she's baked look lovely but I have a wheat intolerance. (such a lie:embarassed: )

Having to go to the ladies room 2 floor up - using the stairs - because the one on our floor is being cleaned.

Throwing the children's leftover chips in the compost bin instead of eating them.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    You have wine at your office? No fair! :)
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Waking up at 3:30 to go to work.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Trying on at least 5 outfits only to go back to the first one.
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options
    Ashlee - it was a present from a client. I'm trying to resist the temptation of bringing it home and guzzling it...
  • babyg1rl82
    Options
    Oh I so agree!!! All those little things that should but don't...Like running around my house after the kids or carrying them around once their tired does that give me an extra calorie boost, course not.

Not eating that apple crisp that my sister offered me the rest of in the movie theater the other day...

Getting dunkin donuts for everyone else the other day but no Mocha Coolatta for me :(
  • amgant
    amgant Posts: 2
    Options
    How about putting your kids in snowsuits hats and gloves just for them to tell you that they have to pee.
  • OperaticAnnihilator
    Options
    Singing an intense musical peice for example bethoveens 9th symphony in german.
    that was hell especially being a 1st soprano and have to hit a high B
  • ang_lovinlife
    ang_lovinlife Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree :) No fair about the wine in the office .. lol
  • hrgarry
    hrgarry Posts: 10
    Options
    All of those things DO count!!! You'll see the results and you'll be happy about it.
  • JoinerMaus
    Options
    Changing Stinky Diapers on two kids who fight and wiggle.
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    How about putting your kids in snowsuits hats and gloves just for them to tell you that they have to pee.

This takes me back to when my girls were toddlers!!! Aaaaaaaargh! I feel your pain.
  • fushion243
    Options
    Checking MFP via mobile phone at a restuarant to try and determine what you can eat?
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Checking MFP via mobile phone at a restuarant to try and determine what you can eat?

LOVE IT
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I think that sex should have some calories burned as well. Especially if you're as big as me and my sweety!!!! I heard once that one sexual encounter can equal climbing 7 flights of stairs!
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Throwing the children's leftover chips in the compost bin instead of eating them.

YESSSSS!!!
  • KayakDeb
    Options
    Doing ANYTHING outdoors in sub-zero temperatures!!