Latenight snack..

Options
I finish work @ 12 am don't get to bed till around 2am.. Can i have a snack @ this time if so what ?? Lisa

Replies

• cursivepulse
    cursivepulse Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I'll usually have a piece of toast with peanut butter or an apple, but if its within your calories eat whatever you want.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Yes. Eat at night as long as it does not make it uncomfortable to sleep.
    Eat a whole meal before bed if you want -- there are no rules for meal time -- eat whenever works for you.
  • gatesy66
    gatesy66 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!!
  • determinedladybug
    Options
    Every trainer at my gym has told me its healthy to eat a small snack before going to bed. The only thing one trainer warned me was to not eat too many carbs because it would not burn or sustain enough through the night.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    As long as it's within your calories, and it doesn't upset your tummy then go for it :)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I am pleasantly surprised at the realistic responses.

I agree with the last poster... if you're within your calories, go ahead.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Every trainer at my gym has told me its healthy to eat a small snack before going to bed. The only thing one trainer warned me was to not eat too many carbs because it would not burn or sustain enough through the night.

The timing of carb is pretty irrelevant when it comes to weight loss. You can eat them in the beginning or end of your day, but as long as calories are the same, fat loss will be the same. Digestion constantly occurs.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Studies have shown over and over that food timing has absolutely no impact on weight loss, except insofar as eating or not eating at certain times may help stave off urges to binge and assist in maintaining a deficit. For example, intermittent fasting. But in your specific scenario, if eating a snack before bed helps you to not get up in the middle of the night or in the morning starving and ready to eat anything and everything, and you have the calories for it, and suffer no ill effects (sleeplessness, heartburn, etc.) then you should definitely eat something.