Don't feel like working out

Options
Can someone send me a picture or video for some motivation?

Replies

• majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I don't have pics or vids :/ I will have to stock pile..

BUT GET YOUR BEHIND UP AND GET TO IT!!! Yeah.. it sucks sometimes and you just wanna NOT do it .. especially when the weather gets dark and cold..

BUT GET UP!! GET AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND GO GO GO GO!!

You WILL feel better afterwards! you WILL feel accomplished!!!

What good reason do you have NOT TO? Seriously? Muscles hurt? suck it up buttercup! you are better and worth more than that!

YOU and only YOU can get up and change yourself. No one else! no pics or vids! GET MOVING? SERIOUSLY? WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS!!

come back and post about how AWESOME you did!! I don't want to see any other posts or replies till YOU GET YOUR WORKOUT DONE !!!

WHOOHOO!!! GO GO GO!!
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    To be honest, the best motivation for me is knowing that I'll feel better if I just do it. Every time I miss going to the gym, I regret it. I never regret working out.
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Watch this, I always watch this when I'm feeling a little down or just don't feel like doing my workout. You can do it! :flowerforyou:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIXOo8D9Qsc
  • 12_oz_Curls
    12_oz_Curls Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Wow, that video really gets to you! guess losing my few lbs to look better doesn't really seem like that big a deal after his story!
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You are telling me, I nearly cry every time I see it. I do DDP Yoga and he is on the dvds now. Let me tell you ... you would never guess in a million years that this man couldn't walk without help before. He is amazing!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,896 Member
    Options
    I blew off my workout one day, went to work, and the first person through the door at work was wear a T-shirt that said, EVERY DAMN DAY JUST DO IT!

That motivates me whenever I am really not feeling it.
  • fuenyface
    fuenyface Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    "Sweat more, ***** less."
    "Would you rather be covered in sweat at the gym or covered in clothes at the beach."

Both of these help me, but mainly the first one, granted I'm pretty thick skinned. I also follow a lot of athletes on instagram and pin motivation on pinterest.
  • mwcontois
    mwcontois Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    watch extreme weight loss on tv or netflix and you will get inspired by people with not only weight challenges but personal ones as well...makes you realize that if they could do it, so can you...but you gotta just do it and stop making excuses...
  • pammyd76
    pammyd76 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't have pics or vids :/ I will have to stock pile..

BUT GET YOUR BEHIND UP AND GET TO IT!!! Yeah.. it sucks sometimes and you just wanna NOT do it .. especially when the weather gets dark and cold..

BUT GET UP!! GET AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND GO GO GO GO!!

You WILL feel better afterwards! you WILL feel accomplished!!!

What good reason do you have NOT TO? Seriously? Muscles hurt? suck it up buttercup! you are better and worth more than that!

YOU and only YOU can get up and change yourself. No one else! no pics or vids! GET MOVING? SERIOUSLY? WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS!!

come back and post about how AWESOME you did!! I don't want to see any other posts or replies till YOU GET YOUR WORKOUT DONE !!!

WHOOHOO!!! GO GO GO!!

You should totally hire yourself out as a motivator!!! I think I'll print this and put on my fridge or something!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    force-choke-o.gif
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Nope...but I'll let you in on a little secret: Motivation will fail you. Determination will get you where you're going. If I only worked out when I felt like...well, I'd probably never work out.
  • Breeli0519
    Breeli0519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have been in your shoes...more times than I care to admit. As others have said, there are going to be days you don't feel like it and you just have to do it anyway! What worked for me was I challenged myself to walk 100 miles in 30 days. And I did it! I actually walked 101 and I felt awesome and quite accomplished! I generally walked between 3.5 & 5 miles per day. During that 30 days there were only 3 days I didn't walk. Some days I felt like a total rock star and some days I felt like I had been hit by a truck...but I did it anyway. And the closer to day 30 I got, the more motivated I was! And after 30 days, daily exercise had not only become a habit but a necessity to clear away the cobwebs and frustrations in my mind. You and only you can do this!! AND YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Just, don't work out today. And don't work out tomorrow either. And if you don't feel like it Saturday, then don't do it then either. Or Sunday. I mean, you're never realllllly going to feel like working out, so if you need someone to tell you to do it each time... well, it's not like you're actually committed right? So no skin off your back if you quit now? Right? :wink:
  • levicrouch
    Options
    You will never regret working out. You will however, regret *NOT* working out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftl9Qk0v6Lg
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    JUST DO IT :drinker:
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    dont work out if you dont want...its only hurting yourself.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I never feel like brushing my teeth either, but I do it because I don't want more dentist bills because of cavities and whatnot... Showers are a waste of time too but otherwise I stink... so I got to do it.

Same thing for exercise. I have no desire to eat 300 less calories a day, or to gain weight back, so I just do it. It's up to you though, if you don't mind living on sedentary calories or gaining weight, you don't have to exercise (or brush your teeth if you don't mind rotten teeth).
  • jtw158
    Options
    I personally like this video, but like other people have said you are usually not going to feel like doing it. Either you figure out how to handle that situation and do what needs to be done or you spend your time feeling sorry for yourself for quitting. (I have spent my whole life doing the latter but I am working on it.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdd31Q9PqA