Don't feel like working out

Options
2»

Replies

• Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I don't have pics or vids :/ I will have to stock pile..

BUT GET YOUR BEHIND UP AND GET TO IT!!! Yeah.. it sucks sometimes and you just wanna NOT do it .. especially when the weather gets dark and cold..

BUT GET UP!! GET AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND GO GO GO GO!!

You WILL feel better afterwards! you WILL feel accomplished!!!

What good reason do you have NOT TO? Seriously? Muscles hurt? suck it up buttercup! you are better and worth more than that!

YOU and only YOU can get up and change yourself. No one else! no pics or vids! GET MOVING? SERIOUSLY? WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS!!

come back and post about how AWESOME you did!! I don't want to see any other posts or replies till YOU GET YOUR WORKOUT DONE !!!

WHOOHOO!!! GO GO GO!!

You should totally hire yourself out as a motivator!!! I think I'll print this and put on my fridge or something!

+1 :flowerforyou:
  • imju5tme
    imju5tme Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have found that this motivates me HUGELY when I'm just not feeling it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1102508-mfp-fitspiration

Go there... You won't regret it.:flowerforyou:
  • sweetbamaTLC
    sweetbamaTLC Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You may not feel like it before the workout...but you will be so stoked after you finish it! The first few times you "make yourself do it", then before you know it, you've created a habit, and you will want to look for ways to work it in to your schedule. Just do it! :)
  • monicastricker9
    Options
    one of my favorite quotes is the only run you will regret in the one you didnt take. I know there are days like that but challenge yourself to at least 10 minutes if you still are not feeling it so be it, but usually you will be in the groove and get it done.
    This may be the one for you today "If you can't fly, than run. If you can't run than walk. If you can't walk than crawl but what ever you do you have to keep moving forward- Martin Luther King Jr.
    And one of my sons favorites " It is at the borders of pain that the men are separated from the boys.
    Hope that helps.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

BUT GET YOUR BEHIND UP AND GET TO IT!!! Yeah.. it sucks sometimes and you just wanna NOT do it .. especially when the weather gets dark and cold..

What good reason do you have NOT TO? Seriously? Muscles hurt? suck it up buttercup! you are better and worth more than that!

YOU and only YOU can get up and change yourself. No one else! no pics or vids! GET MOVING? SERIOUSLY? WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS!!

come back and post about how AWESOME you did!! I don't want to see any other posts or replies till YOU GET YOUR WORKOUT DONE !!!

WHOOHOO!!! GO GO GO!!
    I have found that this motivates me HUGELY when I'm just not feeling it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1102508-mfp-fitspiration

Go there... You won't regret it. :flowerforyou:

Thank you. :flowerforyou:

• butterflies4freedom
    Options
    Can someone send me a picture or video for some motivation?

You're only one workout away from a good mood.

Train like a beast, look like a beauty.

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options

WHOOHOO!!! GO GO GO!!

You should totally hire yourself out as a motivator!!! I think I'll print this and put on my fridge or something!

it's all stuff I tell myself at 5am in the morning when I don't want to get out of bed to do my workout ;)
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Something I read that tends to put me in motion: If you can't do it for your present self, do it for your future self. Do it for the you a few weeks from now, a couple months from now, a few years from now.

^I don't remember word for word, but this was the gist.

Right now, I don't really feel like working out. So what? I don't want to get fatter. I don't want to lose the physical strength that I've built up since I started exercising. And I know that if I do this workout tonight, it will be even more likely that I will work out again tomorrow, etc.

Even if it is just 10 minutes, do it. Commit yourself to even 5 minutes. Do something, never nothing.

If you want pics, check tumblr. <-No sarcasm. There are a lot of tumblrs for workout motivation.
  • Love2EatBooty
    Options
    you can do it
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    No videos or pics. Just something I know from experience.

Motivation usually comes AFTER you start doing something.

I don't always feel like getting up and going swimming- I just DO IT. But like magic, once I'm in the pool I become motivated to do my routine.

So, don't wait for motivation- just get your body to the gym (or wherever it is you workout).