Looking for a support team!

Hello everybody!
My name is Richard and I currently Iive and work in Kenya. For the last ten years, I've generally tried to watch what I eat as well as exercise regularly. In my previous work station, this was a bit easy as I had a number of people that had similar views regarding a healthy lifestyle. But since I moved back home in Kenya, I've been struggling to keep a regular exercise and diet schedule as I'm surrounded by people that have no qualms about what they eat and have little regard for exercising.
I finally came across myfitnesspal a week ago and this has somewhat helped things a little. It would be great though to be in a group with actual people trying to maintain a similar lifestyle!! I'm 35 years, weigh 185 pounds and I'm looking to lose 22 pounds before the end of this year. Anyone with similar goals that doesn't mind linking up?

Replies

• ChristinaR419
    ChristinaR419 Posts: 22 Member
    Just a suggestion ... Fill out your profile, get a profile picture up, and start logging every day so that there is something on your news feed. Honestly, when people see a blank profile, they are reminded of spam e-mails. You know the ones that say Dear Sir - I am currently living in Kenya, and would like to transfer x amount of dollars to your bank account.
    If you do this, you should get more friends/support. :) Good luck and have a great day.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Just a suggestion ... Fill out your profile, get a profile picture up, and start logging every day so that there is something on your news feed. Honestly, when people see a blank profile, they are reminded of spam e-mails. You know the ones that say Dear Sir - I am currently living in Kenya, and would like to transfer x amount of dollars to your bank account.
    If you do this, you should get more friends/support. :) Good luck and have a great day.

^^best post of the year.
  • ChristinaR419
    ChristinaR419 Posts: 22 Member
  • Fasttrack2freedom
    Fasttrack2freedom Posts: 122 Member
    Feel free to add me :)
  • rmugeke
    rmugeke Posts: 5 Member
    Lol. That's a very good point you've raised! I'll follow your advice.
    Thanks for that.
  • fit4eva86
    fit4eva86 Posts: 71 Member
    not everyone feels comfortable having a picture up! it is my your own choice is you want to or not, feel free to add me as im also looking for support in my health and fitness