Blunt & honest vs sunshine & unicorn farts

Options
When people get upset about blunt responses in the MFP forums that are not 100 percent positive and happy, we all see the responses that follow....(and I'm paraphrasing here)

"People are unhappy and mean and project those thoughts on to you. They're just bullies!!!"
"Oh, honey, they're just jealous."
"Internet meanies are brave because they are hiding behind their computer screen and would never say that to your face!"
"It just makes them feel better about themselves to be nasty."
"Ignore the trolls."

(A) Bullies/bully/bullying is the most overused accusation on the planet right now. Disagreement =/= bullying. Lack of tact =/= bullying. Sarcasm =/= bullying.

(B) I'm sure there are people in this world who are jealous of all of us. Unless you are copulating regularly with Natalie Portman or Robert Downey Jr (or whoever you think is attractive), they are one percent of the people you encounter. The other 99 percent are not jealous of you. Sorry.

(C) There are people out there who get brave behind the anonymity of the keyboard. Then there are people who would say the same exact thing to your face. Truth doesn't really take all that much bravery.

(D) No one really cares about trying to make someone feel worse. We are all adults here. Believe it or not, the "mean people" are actually trying to help. Read through the message, accept the fact that the delivery may not necessarily be the style you prefer and see if there is valid info. There usually is.

(E) Trolling is someone who is intentionally posting something just for effect, just to get a rise out of the community. Telling you something you disagree with is NOT trolling.

Life ain't sunshine & unicorn farts. Deal with it and listen to the blunt, honest people. They tend to be some of the smartest people on this site (and no, I do not include myself in that statement).

Have a nice day. :flowerforyou:

Replies