Pizza Hut SKINNY PIZZA??

Options
What do we think??

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/09/17/pizza-hut-skinny-slices-fast-food-restaurants/15785711/

from 290 cals/slice to 210...not that big of a difference I suppose, but hey 80 cals adds up when you eat an entire pizza..

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Here's a thought.

Order a regular Pizza Hut Pizza and just eat 1/3 less of it.

It's no different than what they did with this pizza, where it is the exact same crust, and same toppings, just less of each per slice.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I like thin crust pizza, like really-thin, and did even as I ballooned up to 375 lbs.

Now I still like thin crust pizza, I just eat 1/4 medium pizza instead of half or more. And I don't add the breadsticks or fried chicken either, lol.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,923 Member
    Options
    Peoples brains falls out with better marketing....8/10 for using the word skinny.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    More money for less pizza.
    Nah, I'll just order a regular pizza and show some self control.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Peoples brains falls out with better marketing....8/10 for using the word skinny.

pretty much this.

I'm okay with it considering I tend to eat an entire pizza by myself too. so 80 calories would make a huge difference.

I'd probably buy it if is remotely close to good- I'll gladly take a calorie pay off for high ticket items.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I like thin crust pizza, like really-thin, and did even as I ballooned up to 375 lbs.

Now I still like thin crust pizza, I just eat 1/4 medium pizza instead of half or more. And I don't add the breadsticks or fried chicken either, lol.

Ditto add a salad and it's really filling.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Here's a thought.

Order a regular Pizza Hut Pizza and just eat 1/3 less of it.

That would be impossible for me.
  • Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's just marketing and same ingredients, but hey it's still less calories per slice. 3 pieces, 630 cals vs 870..
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'll just stick with this brand....
    6ob9ahgxBhUDN-5ouXCI9yKLVwCIc1g68eUm-MGBQyYr7BCDOz9_wwrhj-Y6T_WgRA=w300
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    We skipped pizza so much when we started last year that when Thanksgiving came we said screw the turkey!!! Hello Papa Murphy's!! way better leftovers too!!!!! And we had pumpkin pie too!! then we exercised the next day like we were running for our lives!!:devil: :bigsmile:
  • Stitch_down_carbs
    Options
    Pizza hut do low calorie pizzas... Well they do in the UK anyway

They are less 500 calories but I guess it isn't the same as regular yummy pizza :'(
  • awesomedjmcvey
    awesomedjmcvey Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have not had pizza in 29 days. Honestly beginning not to miss it! I will stick with my fruits and veggies for now
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    So, let's take lousy tasting pizza and make it "skinny?" That's like taking ****ty beer and making Bud Light
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,923 Member
    Options
    So, let's take lousy tasting pizza and make it "skinny?" That's like taking ****ty beer and making Bud Light
    lol.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    California pizza kitchen chipotle chicken and black bean with some extra chicken on it. 12-1300 hundred for the whole pizza.
  • Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Options

lol
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna just eat the regular pizza a log a couple extra miles for the week. Well maybe a few miles, because beer and pizza.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    The words skinny and pizza don't belong together. Any attempt to do so is a crock of...
  • monicastricker9
    Options
    I don't like anything made in a diet, skinny lite etc form for a host of reasons. One a person almost always eats more because it is "diet" and secondly loaded with tons of fat and sugar to make it "taste" good and keep the consistancy of the product. I agree with what others have said order a regular pizza. If you are looking to health it up order canadian bacon, chicken etc for the meat add a lot of veggies. Have them take off some of the cheese. And just plain don't eat as much. When I go to my moms for dinner she is italian I know she never going to cook anything in a lean way. I just plan to eat less of it.
  • 12_oz_Curls
    12_oz_Curls Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna just eat the regular pizza a log a couple extra miles for the week. Well maybe a few miles, because beer and pizza.

^^^ THIS!