Options
    Fat Pizza
    pizzahutbigitaly0910.jpg
    Skinny Pizza
    3_pizza26ym_b.jpg
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I take my 888 cal Hungry Howie's thin crust cheese pizza and run with it. Only once in awhile when I've logged a huge workout or haven't eaten most of the day but yes. :laugh:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Fat Pizza
    pizzahutbigitaly0910.jpg
    Skinny Pizza
    3_pizza26ym_b.jpg

OH GOSH I want that skinny pizza. Might have to be lunch tomorrow.

But I typically do like thin crust pizza better anyway. Just not Pizza Hut. Yuck.
  • Zechariahblack
    Zechariahblack Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Pizza hut pizza is fried - which is why so many people like it. Talk about taking something that is already "bad" for you and making it much worse.They use deep dish style pans and literally PUMP the canola oil into the pans. Have the exact same pizza at another restaurant and save the cal's that way (by avoiding all of the oil).

Just my 0.02$

PS: I agree with others here - pizza hut pizza sux. :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I do not see the need for this. Just eat pizza, one or two slices instead of four or five. It's not difficult.

I've eaten pizza during my 134 lb weight loss with no issues at all...just last week I had some from Pizza Hut, and it really sucked compared to homemade or local places, but it fit just fine into my calories and macros as a dinner meal (two slices).

I think the name "Skinny Pizza" sounds effing stupid however. I would never order that.

My husband and I laughed about BK "Satisfries" with their stupid name, but the fries were actually really good when we tried them. I seriously think they would have done better in the long run with a different name entirely, maybe something that spoke to the specific ingredients and/or cooking process being slightly different. Now we can't get them...grrr..
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The problem with thin crust pizza in general is it takes like a whole pizza to satisfy. Deep Dish takes what, 3 slices?
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    mmmm

pizza-the-hut.gif
  • Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    mmmm

pizza-the-hut.gif

Pizza the Hut!!!
  • Ethereal_Whisper
    Ethereal_Whisper Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'll just stick with this brand....
    6ob9ahgxBhUDN-5ouXCI9yKLVwCIc1g68eUm-MGBQyYr7BCDOz9_wwrhj-Y6T_WgRA=w300

Their spinach alfredo pizza with garlic sauce :love: :love:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    With the few calories that they cut out, they might as well just make their entire menu lower calorie and not worry about marketing one specific product. If one slice saved more than 80 calories, I'd feel differently.
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    This damn "Skinny" trend is on my LAST nerve. Skinny Pizza, Skinny Lattes, Skinny Cocktails, ugh. :grumble:

Eat and drink the REAL thing and be satisfied.

:drinker:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut does not sit well with me at all...as in...I have to sit on the porcelain throne for an entire day afterwards.

No thanks.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I tried one of these in UK. Seriously Pizza Hut? It's horrible! For those of you who haven't think salty hard cardboard and you are on the right track... Might as well eat the box....
  • Marbella29660
    Marbella29660 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think skinny pizza is a marketing dream.
  • ILuvCupcakesNLifting87
    Options
    Peter Piper Pizza offers a ultra thin crust pizza & if you get it hawaiian style it's only 130 calories a slice. So this new Pizza Hut skinny pizza thing is old news. I'll just stick to my Rafaeles New York style veggie & meat supreme :smooched:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    The problem with thin crust pizza in general is it takes like a whole pizza to satisfy. Deep Dish takes what, 3 slices?

Deep dish pizza is way too doughy for me. I find thin crust satisfying.

Diff'rent strokes.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    This damn "Skinny" trend is on my LAST nerve. Skinny Pizza, Skinny Lattes, Skinny Cocktails, ugh. :grumble:

Agreed. It's just mildly embarrassing to buy/order, too. At a size 22 or a size 10 I find it embarrassing tbh - and feel it brings negative attention to order something like "skinny margarita"...ugh...
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Dominos Australia offer a good choice range which are around 800-950 cals for the whole pizza. I've been eating these for years.

I prefer them for taste anyway. They basically just use a lower fat cheese and less of it and a thinner base. When you finish one there isn't a pile of oil left on the box. I much prefer these than super greasy ones.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options

Deep dish pizza is way too doughy for me. I find thin crust satisfying.

Diff'rent strokes.
    Same here. I like the Papa Murphy's De-Lite pizzas.

I've been ordering diet coke with all food for decades. I'm not embarrassed by anything on a menu. :smile:

I would never buy a bottle of Skinny Girl wine or cocktails, but I like light beer. But those 55 calorie beers? Nah, may as well water it down yourself instead of paying beer prices for half-beer/half-water. :laugh: