Can i have some 5 2 diet success stories please?

Options

Replies

• rainbow1974
    rainbow1974 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Mogs, I'm in my first week of 5:2 (as recommended by my sister) She said to eat an evening meal then nothing until breakfast the day after. eg... dinner at 7 on monday night, fast tuesday(500 cals), and breakfast as usual on the weds. I am unsure about any loss yet, but the scales will tell me tomorrow morning... I've had to tell myself out loud not to go on the scales for the last week!!
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I copied this from the fastdiet forum. Because I don't know if the link below will work.

To start out, the way 5:2 works is you go to bed, get up, eat 5/600 or fewer calories during your waking hours, go to bed, get up and eat to your TDEE or less – twice a week. On all 7 days of the week you can eat foods you want to eat – there are no forbidden foods, or foods you have to eat. For the first month or so focus on doing your diet days correctly (5/600 calories or less) and most everything else will fall into place.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    It sounds effective, please someone advise how many calories you eat on non fast days.

Maintenance for non fast days. Basically, you should not even have to log when you're not fasting.

I just started 2+ weeks ago. PLANNING is key for me. I know it will get easier. But lunch (for me) is high protein, some fat & fiber too. This seems to keep me full longer. My fast days (500) are Monday & Thursday. I still log breakfast and lunch because after work I tend to "graze." Seeing my calorie count tells me that I can have a snack.....but I can't graze.
  • TeaBea
    Options
    Hi-Ive been on the 5:2 diet for a few months now-have lost enough weight around my tum (unfortunately not off my boobs tho') what is a maintenance diet? Or can I just fast once a week now to maintain weight?

Drop down to a one fast day for awhile and see if you are still losing. That will tell you if you have a good handle on maintenance or not.
  • TeaBea
    Options
    I've scanned through a few posts and I don't quite understand what the 5:2 is....can someone explain it please. Seems very interesting with lasting results

You eat at maintenance 5 days a week, and you eat 500 calories (for women) 2 days a week. This means you are only dieting 2 days a week instead of 5 days a week. Save any heavy exercise for non-fast days.

You can split your 500 calories as you wish. I eat a 200 calorie lunch (protein, veggies and a bit of fat) and a 300 calorie dinner. It takes some getting used to. I think it's getting easier (yesterday was fast day #5).
  • Mogs21
    Mogs21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great reply ... looking forward to hearing how you've done. Really trying to stick to my 500 cals today (although I will be going supermarket shopping with my daughter later ... hmmm not the best planning.
  • Mogs21
    Mogs21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks Loveswalking - really helpful - and motivational ... judging by the amazing successes - its worth doing properly.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I've honestly been thinking about doing this lately since Winter is coming up. How many of you log your calories every day? I don't really agree with the aspect of being limited two days a week and then going all willy nilly the other 5 days so I know I wouldn't do that. I would want to log to make sure I'm getting the nutrition my body needs - even more so I can figure out if I needed to add in vitamins.
  • Cby60
    Cby60 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had just commented to my husband that the morning after a fast day I feel like I have had caffeine - energized and ready to go! I also sleep very well. Not sure why this happens.
  • PhoebeGrey
    Options
    Me! I've been doing 5:2 on and off for the past few months.

I've posted my "during" success story just a few days ago. Here is the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1331265-celebration-13-months-down-66lbs
    Bump
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    BUMP:flowerforyou:
  • bradders33
    bradders33 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! I lost 2st 7lbs in 6 months on 5:2, the majority of that weight in the first 3 months. Went from a size 18 to a size 12.

I was doing 6:1 after that, but recently met a new BF, a chef, took my eye off the ball and gained 9lbs in a month! Ooops! Started 4:3 yesterday.. Get back on it!!

Good luck to all.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I've been following the 5:2 way of eating since August 2012 and found it far easier to adhere to my weekly calorie allowance than everyday calorie restriction. Lost my weight steadily and switched to maintenance, initially still on 5:2 (eating above TDEE 5 days a week) but then switched to 6:1. The calorie allowance I get on my 6 days to maintain my weight feels like a really comfortable and natural amount of food. This way of eating fits into my lifestyle perfectly including my training regime.

So I'm now slimmer than I've been for 30 years, very healthy, fitter than ever and close to lifetime bests for strength.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I started 5:2 4 weeks ago and have lost 8 lbs so far. Several girls I work with started the same time and have lost more than me. I walk on my fast days, do Zumba 3x/week on non fast days. I keep it under 500 calories on fast days, under 2000 on non fast days - although I haven't been able to eat anywhere near 2000. Thats a lot of food and I can't do it. It averages out to less than 1500 calories/day if you do the math for the week
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd week of this plan and I'm loving it. It is now getting easier to do the fasts and I feel energised. I'm also losing 2lbs per week which is better than I was when doing daily calorie restrictions. I wanted to try this diet because when trying to eat at TDEE-20, I would still find that I would binge and still gain all my weight back. I figured why not do a diet where there is no restrictions (although I still count calories but I still eat cakes, ice cream- all full fat) on 5 days and only have to watch myself twice per week. I have been working on this diet thing for over a year now. Logging everyday on TPF and losing the same weight over and over again and in fact gaining more than I was losing. It was only 3weeks ago when I started this diet that I feel I can sustain any weight loss in the long term. I tell myself on fast days, that I can eat what I want the next day rather than bingeing because you feel you will not be able to eat what you want for a long while.

Also, I was initially introduced and convinced by this diet when I saw a segment on CNN, where they compared various diets including low-carb and the 5:2 diet. Although, the person on the low carb diet lost the most weight (about 7lbs, I think and the 5:2 diet was only 2lbs per week), the person on the 5:2 diet lost the most body fat %.
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    is there a group on here for this?
  • jessicaanne316
    Options
    Hey I'm starting this from tomorrow. I'll keep everyone updated =)
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Me too, I'm going to jump into my fast day manana
  • jessicaanne316
    Options
    I was thinking of doing that too.... Might break the ice a little
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    how was your fasts?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!