Hey!

Options
Hey! Here we go again! I have a party in 2 weeks! I need to lose about 4 pounds! Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• pilotricky
    Options
    i would stop eating pasta, bread, rice........eat lots of veggies....chicken and lots of water
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to lose 4lbs for a party? Is there going to be a scale there and everyone is getting weighed?

If not, then a 4lbs loss in 2 weeks isn't really going to make any aesthetic difference so I would just work on eating at a slight deficit (seeing as you have only 7lbs to lose per your profile).
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    i would stop eating pasta, bread, rice........eat lots of veggies....chicken and lots of water

To quote an MFP legend.....NO
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Is it really that big of a deal to lose 4 lbs for a party???
  • viddatolife
    viddatolife Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Vidda. I just started. I agree 4 pounds is a big deal. It is a matter of how we view ourselves not others.
  • viddatolife
    Options
    I have 60 pounds remaining to loose. I am grateful I have lost 9 so far. I am also keeping under my calorie count. Life is good.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I have 60 pounds remaining to loose. I am grateful I have lost 9 so far. I am also keeping under my calorie count. Life is good.

That's nice? I'm not sure what that has to do with this post, though. But congrats so far, I guess?
  • viddatolife
    Options
    You are right, it does not apply to this post. I am new and trying to learn. Thanks for the support
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

That's nice? I'm not sure what that has to do with this post, though. But congrats so far, I guess?

Perspective!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options

Hi vidda,
    Maybe start a new thread and introduce yourself, including your goals and such. That way you can meet other members .
    This thread is clearly ridiculous ( needs to lose 4 lbs for a party lol!) So you probably won't have much luck here, but definitely start your own and I'm sure you'll get replies :-)