Ever Feel Alone No Matter How Many MFP Friends You Have?

Options
124»

Replies

• shank35l
    shank35l Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Its good to purge the inactive 'friends' I think. I try to be active daily on this because I know its important. Supporting others matters and helps one support themselves.
  • _sirenofthesea_
    _sirenofthesea_ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You just need to get the right people on your friends list. I've found that by adding people that post something I can relate to is the best way to find friends you'll end up "keeping" as opposed to the friends you meet on the introduce yourself page But sometimes you'll get lucky. Keep searching. You'll find the right "peeps"
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have been away from MFP for a long while. I came back to find that there is a like button!!! SO I love pressing the like button. Feel free to add me if you like being liked.. But in all seriousness, since my absence I have lost many friends due to inactivity. I need some motivation and I like to motivate and comment, feel free to add me!
  • CortneyZimm
    CortneyZimm Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like; I like to give support and see other peoples progress. Not to mention I could use some more support as well!
  • _sirenofthesea_
    _sirenofthesea_ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I keep my FL short and post all sorts of rubbish on my wall. The more I post, the more comments I get back. I find that like all things with friends the more you put in, the more you get out. Your wall is private so I cannot see what sort of things you post.
    I'm quite a chatterer also, lol. Ask my Mfp friends. Lol
  • Jffok
    Jffok Posts: 15
    Options
    I was on MFP for about a year and only had a couple of friends. I have not been here in over a year but decided tonight to log back on and start tracking my food and activities. I need to loose about 40 pounds. A year ago I was at my goal weight and have just let all I lost pile back on. If you add me I think it will be good for both of us. It helps to get encouragement and also to see the success of others.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    If you can't motivate yourself and need cheerleaders, it's going to be more difficult. This is all about you - not what people think of what you're doing. Life means we don't always have someone cheering us on - for many, it means there's never a cheerleading squad. Rely less on others.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    If you can't motivate yourself and need cheerleaders, it's going to be more difficult. This is all about you - not what people think of what you're doing. Life means we don't always have someone cheering us on - for many, it means there's never a cheerleading squad. Rely less on others.
  • PhoebeGrey
    Options
    Isn't that the point of having MFP friends??? Obviously they can't lose the weight for you but it's nice to know that they're cheering you on so that you can do it. Case in point; crowds cheering on the side of a marathon, fans in the stands around a baseball game and so on and so on. I feel sorry for you, that you "never have a cheerleading squad". I would be there to cheer you asked.