Options
scrapalooza
scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
I have a craving! ugh

Replies

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Ermahgerd! There's your new business idea.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    That would get used like crazy if they did it where I live.
  • lizarddev
    lizarddev Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have a craving! ugh

Must be Mexican food. On the border delivers.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    We have a delivery mexican place in my town. Sadly I cannot eat anything on their menu anymore :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    You must live in a terrible place. Where I live, a lot of places deliver. For those that don't deliver, there are quite a few delivery services which will pick up food from any restaurant in town and deliver it for a small fee.
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Depends where you live…lots of delivery option in Chicagoland area.
  • JordanMK_
    JordanMK_ Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Because their obesity rate is so high they encourage people to go for a pick up lol
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Imagine the delivery charge if it's authentic :wink:
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

:laugh:

But mexican food is so dependent upon region. I don't like Mexican food from Mexico. I like Mexican food with american ingredients made in California.

But they do have services that will do that for you.
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Because you need the exercise to get it before it burns your butt coming out
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have a craving! ugh

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but the answer is actually simple: money and time.

The margins in the pizza business are insane. The cost of making a pizza - especially when you're buying ingredients in bulk as chains like Domino's and Papa John's do - is miniscule compared to how much they're charging for one.

Plus, pizzas stay hot and fresh for 30-45 minutes once they're taken out of the oven. So you can deliver one (or more) without any appreciable loss in quality. There are no cold parts of the pizza which need to stay cold, so you can just stick them in a heat bag and go.

On the other hand, although the ingredients for Mexican food are also very cheap, the prices tend to reflect that as well - which is one of the reasons that Mexican food is so popular. Lots of food for little money - it might as well be Taco Bell's slogan. That doesn't lend itself well to a delivery-style business.

In addition, Mexican food also has a very short shelf-life. Taco shells and lettuce aren't crispy any more 30-45 minutes later. The tomatoes and sour cream aren't cold, etc. There's no way to keep the warm stuff that's supposed to be warm while simultaneously keeping the cold parts cold. The number of complaints and attempted food returns businesses would experience would make it cost prohibitive to even try.

The best you can do is drive-through or hope that a taco truck is working nearby, and that likely isn't going to change any time soon.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I have a craving! ugh

In addition, Mexican food also has a very short shelf-life. Taco shells and lettuce aren't crispy any more 30-45 minutes later. The tomatoes and sour cream aren't cold, etc. There's no way to keep the warm stuff that's supposed to be warm while simultaneously keeping the cold parts cold. The number of complaints and attempted food returns businesses would experience would make it cost prohibitive to even try.

So true. Ever order nachos and have them delivered? Big container of mush that's barely edible :explode:
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    The pitcher of Margaritas keeps spilling.
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    They do here in Alaska =)
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    We have a delivery mexican place in my town. Sadly I cannot eat anything on their menu anymore :sad: :sad: :sad:

Why is that?
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    The pitcher of Margaritas keeps spilling.

haha best answer yet
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I have a craving! ugh

What would you like? I'll bring it over. Should I stop for some tequila, too?
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    I have a craving! ugh

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but the answer is actually simple: money and time.

The margins in the pizza business are insane. The cost of making a pizza - especially when you're buying ingredients in bulk as chains like Domino's and Papa John's do - is miniscule compared to how much they're charging for one.

Plus, pizzas stay hot and fresh for 30-45 minutes once they're taken out of the oven. So you can deliver one (or more) without any appreciable loss in quality. There are no cold parts of the pizza which need to stay cold, so you can just stick them in a heat bag and go.

On the other hand, although the ingredients for Mexican food are also very cheap, the prices tend to reflect that as well - which is one of the reasons that Mexican food is so popular. Lots of food for little money - it might as well be Taco Bell's slogan. That doesn't lend itself well to a delivery-style business.

The best you can do is drive-through or hope that a taco truck is working nearby, and that likely isn't going to change any time soon.
    Or they could deliver the hot stuff in hot containers, the cold stuff in cold containers, the crispy stuff in it's own deal and you could take two seconds to slap it all together.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options

:laugh:

But mexican food is so dependent upon region. I don't like Mexican food from Mexico. I like Mexican food with american ingredients made in California.

But they do have services that will do that for you.
    You're rocking the California Burrito, aren't you?

edit: And of course, what do you mean by "Mexican" food? I see some people talking about food that sure isn't Mexican! On the Border?! GTFO!
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    200.gif

Not even a Mexican restaurant where I live :'( .