Why don't they deliver mexican food?

Options

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I have a craving! ugh

What would you like? I'll bring it over. Should I stop for some tequila, too?

tumblr_lowtkxazRn1qh17feo1_500.gif
  • melmelw80
    melmelw80 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I always said someone should deliver cupcakes...or a whole cake. For when I get those chocolate cravings!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    200.gif

Not even a Mexican restaurant where I live :'( .

This makes me sad.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    All they need to do is have a roving Mexican food truck. When you call, they start making the food, by the time they get to your house, your food is done. Then, on to the next and so on. While this could be expensive to operate, if it was backed by a successful local restaurant, think of the advertising and additional business. And, while the truck was stopped delivering to your house, other people walking by can order on the spot too. So, it just has crazy potential, at least where I live. I just don't understand why someone doesn't do this. I'd be ordering at least once a week, if it was tastey.

My city actually has taco trucks that drive around like that, they don't deliver but its like an ice cream truck, stops at neighborhoods.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    There is some pizza place I Detroit that is going to start delivering pizzas to boats via jetskis. Pretty cool!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    They do in NYC *shrug*
  • keljot
    keljot Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh Lord! That would be bad! I just ate at a local Mexican place and spent 1500 calories on one meal!! Bad bad move!! I feel miserable and guilty!! Back on track ASAP or I'll never get this stupid weight off!
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    200.gif

Not even a Mexican restaurant where I live :'( .

This makes me sad.

yes you and me both :sad:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Who is they?

I know lots of places that do in AZ
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    grubhub.com

Will deliver anything. you. want.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    In Bloomington, Indiana, there's a place called "Jiffy Treet Homemade Ice Cream" that will deliver a hot fudge sundae. I used to live there. It was lovely to have that as an option.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    My preferred neighborhood cheap Mexican place usually brings the food out about 3 seconds after I order it flaming hot, that is hard to replicate via delivery.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Because it's not Mexican food if it's not on a hot plate.
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    Answer: (two words) Coagulated. Cheese. :noway: :sick: :laugh:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Cause taco trucks
  • Onderwoman
    Options

On the other hand, although the ingredients for Mexican food are also very cheap, the prices tend to reflect that as well - which is one of the reasons that Mexican food is so popular. Lots of food for little money - it might as well be Taco Bell's slogan. That doesn't lend itself well to a delivery-style business.

The rest of your statement was pretty true but Taco Bell is cheap quality small amount of food for the money now, everything keeps getting smaller and smaller with less and less meat for more money there. You get more food in burgers for the same $5 that you pay for their now tiny burrito for the same price, and you can empty the 3.5 tacos you could get for $5 into one sometimes!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    We have Mexican delivery places here. Nom nom nom.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Seamless > grubhub