Why don't they deliver mexican food?

2»

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,839 Member
    In Bloomington, Indiana, there's a place called "Jiffy Treet Homemade Ice Cream" that will deliver a hot fudge sundae. I used to live there. It was lovely to have that as an option.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    My preferred neighborhood cheap Mexican place usually brings the food out about 3 seconds after I order it flaming hot, that is hard to replicate via delivery.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Because it's not Mexican food if it's not on a hot plate.
  • Answer: (two words) Coagulated. Cheese. :noway: :sick: :laugh:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Cause taco trucks

• On the other hand, although the ingredients for Mexican food are also very cheap, the prices tend to reflect that as well - which is one of the reasons that Mexican food is so popular. Lots of food for little money - it might as well be Taco Bell's slogan. That doesn't lend itself well to a delivery-style business.

The rest of your statement was pretty true but Taco Bell is cheap quality small amount of food for the money now, everything keeps getting smaller and smaller with less and less meat for more money there. You get more food in burgers for the same $5 that you pay for their now tiny burrito for the same price, and you can empty the 3.5 tacos you could get for $5 into one sometimes!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    We have Mexican delivery places here. Nom nom nom.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Seamless > grubhub
  • When I lived in Atlanta, there was a place called Chico & Changs that made and delivered both Mexican and Chinese food.

Kung pao chicken with a side of nachos, anyone?
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    We have a service called take out taxi. You place the order from any restaurant that participates and it is delivered to your door.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Now that's a great question!!!