Midnight Fitness

I'm not sure if this is in the proper place or not but here goes: I ended up working out after midnight last night before bed. Do I add that to what is technically yesterdays cardio or todays? I'm not sure. Anyone else workout late at night?

Replies

• JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    If it was after midnight, I'd add it to today's stats.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    I often workout in the wee hours, due to my work schedule. It gets added to the day when I actually completed it. Usually this is to my advantage, as it means I can eat a bit more that day :)
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    To me, any time before I fall asleep still counts as the day before. I'd only confuse myself if I logged my midnight-2am peanut butter sandwiches as breakfast, then slept for 8 hours!
  • Ambrosia29
    Ambrosia29 Posts: 40 Member
    Thanks guys! Everything makes sense. Hehe, I guess part of my thought process has always been "if it happened before I got to sleep but before the sun came up again it happened yesterday, even if it was after 12am." But yay technicalities and MFP stuff. This is part of why I added "Midnight Snack" as a category in my food journal.

Thank you all for your input! It's helped.
  • I work nights and work out when I get in in the morning. I add it to what would technically be the day before because in terms of my body clock its still the same day!
  • sakuya3834
    sakuya3834 Posts: 116 Member
    It doesn't matter if you track from wake up -> bed time or from midnight -> midnight. Just be consistent with whatever you choose.
  • TheProudDadLife
    TheProudDadLife Posts: 654 Member
    I go by sleep, if I haven't slept yet it still applies to the the previous day
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    All the suggestions look like they will work-the key is to be consistent and ALWAYS count it the same way.