Hello all!

Options
Second day on! I Just started working out at the gym two weeks ago and I'm trying to quit smoking (uuuug!) I really need to lose weight and get fit. Friends would be nice on this healthy journey :-)

Replies

• rdbartle1958
    Options
    Welcome. :) Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking. I think you will find everyone here to be very supportive and encouraging. Good luck on your journey.
  • Jazaky
    Options
    Thank you :-)
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope you find this site as helpful as I have! FR sent! =)
  • Jazaky
    Options
    Thank you!
  • kikour
    Options
    Welcome to the fitness community. Set your goals and focus on them. You will succeed . Wish you the best of this journey. Ask questions, We all were beginers once. Good luck!
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site..........please feel free to add me as a friend. congrats on your decision to quit smoking........not easy at all but you can do it.............:smile::flowerforyou:
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP....congrats on your decision to quit smoking I know many who have tried and done so.....not easy so for you to do it I have much respect for you...........its like me and my vice of stress eating......hard to do but where there is a will.....there is a way :bigsmile: feel free to add me ......always on and willing to do what I can to help ........best of luck to you. have a great day:flowerforyou:
  • oakfred
    oakfred Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great job starting the gym. the hardest thing to do is to take that first step into the gym and not care about looking stupid. as for the smoking i am struggling to quit. i have lost almost 25lbs and i feel great except for the smoking i have never had a demon this bad in my life. every day is a battle that i don't always win. i need a room to be locked in for a week to detox. i wish i never started.
  • Jazaky
    Options
    Ha! That's so funny you say that about not looking stupid! I cant get my balance! haha! Thank goodness my trainer has patience! I'll get there though!
  • oakfred
    Options
    The balance should get better once you get your core muscles engaged. try planking before you work out after a few weeks you will see and feel a difference
  • shank35l
    shank35l Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I smoke too and I have reduced my nicotine intake a lot since I started working out. Half the time when I want to light up I do some crunches or jog in place.
  • Jazaky
    Options
    Ohhhh my trainer is working my core like crazy and I look silly haha.. I wish I had taken better care of myself. My hubby is fatter than me but has more muscle, I'm thinner but flabbier. Old age sucks.
  • oakfred
    Options
    getting old does suck but that dosent mean you have to grow up!!!
  • marquishagetaka
    Options
    The quit smoking is amazing, energy will reappear magically, good luck on your fitness journey.