The Beginning...once again.

Options
Hi....after a few years of gaining back weight, ( I was 20 lbs away from my goal back then). I am once again taking this road again. I started this past Monday. The changes I am making this week is to stop drinking Caffeine Free Diet Coke and take on water. That is a huge step for me for I had drank CF Diet Coke for what seems like a hundred years, all day. I know it's no big calorie gouger, but needed to get off the "fake" sugar for one. So, it's water all day. If I do get that urge, I will limit myself to one 8 oz glass at night as a treat.
I am not an exercise person, so I do know the burn won't be as great, so walking will my thing. I will slowly work my way to a mile and then more thereafter. When I was on the MFP a few years ago, one thing that did help me was to have a "cheat' day. I don't mean by downing bags of potato chips, gallon of ice cream, etc....will limit myself to something special. I am sure you know what I mean.
My goal is try to lose at least 2 lbs a week. I am sure it would be more if I was exercising day and night, but that will push me over the limit of giving up too soon.
Hope this board will help keep my inspired and try once again to get to my goal.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• jendan40
    jendan40 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am beginning once again too. I was 5 lbs from my goal and gained over the summer with kids home. I emotional eat and struggle to stay away from the starchy carbs which do me in. I'm getting back in shape and giving it real attention, but it is small and I hate it. LOL. I too have an allowed cheat day. It is helpful and I don't go overboard that way. I ate a bunch of doughnuts yesterday because I didn't get enough protein through the day. It is work!! But I know it will be worth it when my clothes fit better and I can buy some of those outfits that i like that just look bad right now. I have 2 skirts and 2 jackets hanging in my closet where I can see them to help me stay motivated. I know that I feel better when I eat well and exercise too. I have to tell myself that. What motivates you? What helps you to stay the course?

-Jennifer
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am beginning again too ..... Again. I kick myself every time because I get sooooo close to my goal then fall back off track. I've gained more weight then ever and can no longer blame baby weight lol feel free to add
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I need to get in gear also. My was health related with med changes and can't seem to even get started. My exercise is good. I guess I need to sew my mouth shut!:noway:
  • IrishPenny
    Options
    I am still new at MFP, but if anyone wants to add me as a supporter, please do. I am not sure how this "add Friends" works.