I don't drink tea at all.
Recommend tea flavors to me.
jay-z-sipping-tea-o.gif

Replies

• ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Lately this is what I've been drinking:

Peppermint herbal (caffeine free) tea with a splenda/sweet & low, depending on if I'm at work or home drinking it

Earl Grey black tea with 2 tsp skim milk and a splenda/sweet & low

I saw a pumpkin spice tea at the grocery store and want to try that next. I didn't pick it up because I still have a whole box of peppermint tea to get through, but I'll probably pick it up next week.
  • Xenophonica
    Xenophonica Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of herbals (peppermint, chamomile, lemon) but my favorite is rooibos. You can find many types of rooibos tea at your grocery store.

I generally use some honey to sweeten mine, and if I want any type of milk, I use coconut'almond milk.

I prefer to use looseleaf teas (ones you need strainers for). I used to buy exclusively Teavana but I recently started using Adagio Teas. They're well priced, informative in their description as far as the taste, and you can get free tea by "sharing" your purchase to FB or sending invitations to your friends to try. I have a lot of friends who drink tea so we all use this feature with each other ;)
  • bikergirlalex
    Options
    I like to think of myself as a Tea Connoisseur.

Chamomile: A yummy tea that works great in the evening. I like to drink it when I'm reading a book. Add two teaspoons of lemon, and it's pretty tasty.

Rooibos: A lovely South African tea. I grew up in South Africa, so I lived off this stuff--that and Earl Grey--and it's wonderful. Make sure you get organic, otherwise it's been irradiate. Which, obviously, is bad.

Tulsi: An Indian herbal tea. I love it during the summertime, iced with lemon and stevia. It's refreshing.

Peppermint: Winter's tea. Again, love to drink it during the evening. You feel all warm and fuzzy inside when you do.

Earl Grey: That's quite nice for the morning.

Black Tea: It's good every minute of every day. I love black tea! Iced, or hot, it tastes fantastic.

My ultimate favorite tea of all time, however. Must be Chai. It's got the feel of autumn in every cup. The cinnamon and spices are delicious. Perfect drink no matter what.

I like to drink all my teas black. It's a preference, obviously. I, sometimes, use vanilla soymilk in my chai, but rarely.

tumblr_inline_mioupvdeu51qz4rgp.gif
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hot and cold I've been drinking ginger, licorice, passion, and a sweet orange tazo tea in addition to plain old earl grey and green.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Twinings do a mixed box of flavoured teas.
    Why not try that?

I make a jug of normal tea and add slices of lemon.
    I have one hot and the rest cold.
  • bethira
    bethira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My favorite tea is definitely oolong with a couple packs of stevia. Oolong is definitely better sweet and stevia gives us the sweet without the calories. Oolong has caffeine, so if you're looking for a no caffeine option it is not for you. One note, don't boil your water for oolong. It's best brewed at about 180 degrees. No idea why. I'm sure someone smarter than I am can explain this, but it's never as good when it's brewed in boiling water.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I only recently started drinking tea. It's best if you can go somewhere that allows you to sample, imo, to find what flavors you like.

I exclusively drink Teavana tea (which is great because I can sample and the loose-leaf gives you more control over strength, etc., although it can be a bit of a hassle on the go). Any can be made hot or iced and they have containers that can keep it cool or warm for 7 hours. My favorite flavors include:
    1) a blend of strawberry blush oolong and peach tranquility herbal (nice subtle and fruity flavor, sweet without added sugar, some caffeine for a mid-morning pick-me-up after coffee)
    2) oprah chai black tea (great blend of spices, can be brewed to be moderate or strong, decent amount of caffeine which gets me through that afternoon slump)
    3) a blend of blueberry bliss rooibos and pineapple kona pop herbal (rich fruity flavor, also sweet without added sugar, no caffeine so it is great for relaxing with a cup before bed)

Ultimately, you need to find the flavors you want to drink. I didn't like tea for a long time due to trying the wrong flavors. If you can't find a store that will allow you to sample, get tea by the cup while you're out to test them, try flavors from friends or find a sampler pack.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I think my family lineage must be English because I love tea! Allllllll of it. I like the fruity to the spicey to just plain black. My suggestion is go to the store and just start out getting a sampler. Then start going from there. You WILL discover that some of the cheaper teas are great... and some are horrid! Loose leaf teas are fun and can give a lot of variety, but not everyone has the time or the money for them. So, I do a bit of both. You'll find store brand, name brand, off brand, and big brand (like Teavana) in my cupboard. The only real disappointment I've had was in one store brand chai and it was WAY too strong of clove. I don't mind clove, but this tasted purely of clove and nothing I did could cut it down. So, just start giving them a try! They have sales on tea at times, so you can always wait for then and that way, if you don't like them you aren't out much. Another idea is to go to big coffee shops. Many have tea there, too. And by big, I mean shops that sell stuff other than just coffee. Or, you can ask friends and family what they drink and if they would give you a sample for you to try. That's how I've tried several. It's really all about trial and error.
  • mbrough58
    mbrough58 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    A great cup of tea is simple yet you need to know a few things to really enjoy your tea.
    1) Bad water -> horrible tea! Use filtered water.
    2) Heat the water to the right temperature for the type of tea you are brewing. Many tea websites have charts that specify the correct temperature for each type of tea.
    3) Use loose leaf for best flavor. Bagged teas are convenient and cheap. Tea bags contain the tiny fragments left over after the whole leaves are collected.
    4) Three main types of tea (herbals are tisanes not tea): green, oolong, and black. The three types come from the same plant but they are processed differently.
    5) Taste the tea before you buy it.
    6) Get directions for temperature, ratio of tea to water, and steeping time.
    7) To brew loose leaf teas, you will need a pot (ceramic) and a strainer.
    8) Only brew what you are going to drink immediately unless you are planning to chill it for iced tea.
    9) My favorite teas are black varieties such as ceylon, assam, and darjeeling. The names refer to the region where the tea is grown.
    10) Teas such as English breakfast are a blend of teas.
    11) Green teas vary greatly from mild & slightly sweet to rich & vegetal.
    12) Chai is a black tea that is flavored with spices.
    13) Many people add milk and honey to teas; others prefer tea straight.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Chai = tea
    Chai =/= tea with spices.
    Chai is half milk and half water boiled together with sugar and black tea powder/leaves. If you add spices to it, it is spiced tea/chai or masala chai. For one cup of chai, try 1/2 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of water, 1 tsp of sugar and 1 tsp of tea powder, wait for it to boil and boil on low heat for 2-3 mins after it rises up. This is traditional Indian chai. You can make it milkier or sweeter if you like.
    I can't do without my breakfast and 4pm chai!
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    A great cup of tea is simple yet you need to know a few things to really enjoy your tea.
    1) Bad water -> horrible tea! Use filtered water.
    2) Heat the water to the right temperature for the type of tea you are brewing. Many tea websites have charts that specify the correct temperature for each type of tea.
    3) Use loose leaf for best flavor. Bagged teas are convenient and cheap. Tea bags contain the tiny fragments left over after the whole leaves are collected.
    4) Three main types of tea (herbals are tisanes not tea): green, oolong, and black. The three types come from the same plant but they are processed differently.
    5) Taste the tea before you buy it.
    6) Get directions for temperature, ratio of tea to water, and steeping time.
    7) To brew loose leaf teas, you will need a pot (ceramic) and a strainer.
    8) Only brew what you are going to drink immediately unless you are planning to chill it for iced tea.
    9) My favorite teas are black varieties such as ceylon, assam, and darjeeling. The names refer to the region where the tea is grown.
    10) Teas such as English breakfast are a blend of teas.
    11) Green teas vary greatly from mild & slightly sweet to rich & vegetal.
    12) Chai is a black tea that is flavored with spices.
    13) Many people add milk and honey to teas; others prefer tea straight.

I am guessing you like tea?:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Earl grey, black, no sugar.

^^^ that's how I have my tea. I like other varieties as well, such as English Breakfast tea.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    tea is the best thing in the world. I like what the rest of the world calls English breakfast tea, with almond milk and one sugar. tea is perfect at all times. particularly in times of crisis or stress.

if you hadn't guessed I'm British. :laugh:
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Good Earth makes a tea called sweet and spicy, it is one of my faves.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Love EarlGray,black,English Breakfast. Fav is Chai.......by Celestial Seasonings.
    No milk or sugar. Just hot tea.

For iced tea it has to be Luzianne.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Vanilla is my favorite go to tea (it's caffeine free). It doesn't need any sweeteners. For caffeinated teas like green tea and oolong, and I drink them without adding anything normally. Sometimes a little bit of honey in my oolong. Chai also, but I'm very picky about my chai. Stash has (had?) a double spice chai that DH and I both LOVED, but can never find at the store.

I need to get a gourd and bombilla for my yerba, because I'd like to get into the habit of having that in the morning and not coffee with milk.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Good Earth makes a tea called sweet and spicy, it is one of my faves.

My oldest daughter is drinking a cup of that right now.
  • nopotofgold
    nopotofgold Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    green mint
  • imadyer
    imadyer Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    For hot tea, I stick to English Breakfast. But, I love cold-brewed herbal/fruit teas like Tangerine Orange Zinger and Black Cherry Berry.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I've been going loose leaf so besides nursing time tea, LOL! I like darjeeling, milk oolong, green loose leaf, jasmine/green loose leaf, and of course english breakfast