Tea

Options

Replies

• Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    rooibos tea! (or redbush) so many health benefits and naturally sweet so you dont need much sugar.

i also love earl grey
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Fragrant, herbal, hot Peppermint Tea does it for me.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Standardly, I just drink Orange Pekoe (which is what most restaurants serve, etc). But I also enjoy ginger&peach tea for an upset stomach, and I recently had a pumpkin chai tea that was delicious.

I kind of buy tea wherever, the ginger&peach one is the PC brand and the pumpkin chai is from David's Tea.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I LOVE looseleaf tea....I have a Brown Betty Teapot from Staffordshire England that is my pride and joy. In fact, I have like 4 of them now... a 4 cup, a 6 cup, an 8 cup and a 12 cup. I tend to stay with strong black teas, flavored with milk and sweetener. I like Earl Grey, Lady Grey, English Breakfast, Irish/Scottish Breakfast and various versions thereof. I go to the little tea shops near us that specialize in looseleaf teas so I can smell them, and many times they will let me taste them. I love living in Seattle area...we have so many little tea shops its wonderful :)

A particular favorite is a Scottish Breakfast mixed with flavored honeysuckle....3 parts black to 1 part honeysuckle. Add a bit of milk and some sweetener and life is good. I adore a good pot of tea on a cold day....it just makes me smile.

Now, for bagged teas....i use Stash or Bigelow. Sleepytime is quite nice, but my go to is the eggnog tea. I cannot get enough of it :) When my husband asks if he can make me a tea, that is what it is and it is amazingly good. Try it, and thank me later :P

Teas going out I don't do often....Most restaraunts as well as Starbucks I think are vile when it comes to tea (all Starbucks drinks tbh imho), but I do like a good not mainstream coffee stand made hot chai with whole milk and an extra shot of chai. Sooooooo gooood!!!! Absolutely excellent.
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i used to drink a lot of pg tips tea but now I've converted to green teas only .. am loving the jasmine flavoured ones at the moment but other great flavours are pomegranate,peach,cranberry, pineapple ..
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options

My ultimate favorite tea of all time, however. Must be Chai. It's got the feel of autumn in every cup. The cinnamon and spices are delicious. Perfect drink no matter what.

I like to drink all my teas black. It's a preference, obviously. I, sometimes, use vanilla soymilk in my chai, but rarely.

This!

I use Stash brand, double spice, and use about a tablespoon of milk (whatever kind) and honey to taste. PERFECTION. Worth every glorious honey calorie. I drink this fall, winter, and spring, pretty much every morning, and occasionally again in the afternoon.
  • vininger
    Options
    When I first started drinking tea, I had to force it down. Sort-of plug my nose and swallow quick. Haha! Someone suggested chai green tea to me, so that is what I was using, and I found it more tolerable than black tea. After about a week I no longer had to plug-and-gulp. After about two weeks, I'd developed a taste for the stuff! Now I drink about 2-3 cups of Stash brand Chai Green tea a day. I've tried other brands, but don't really care for them. I'm probably not really a "tea person" but I've accustomed myself to this one kind of tea (Stash Chai Green) and I crave it/love it now! :) I drink mine unsweetened and NO cream or milk or anything added. I figured that sort-of defeats the health benefits of drinking the tea (and like I said, this flavor is what I'm used to).

I can also tolerate some herbal teas (like a "sleep blend"), especially if I have a bad cold or something. And some varieties of oolong tea are good; very mild-tasting. But plain Chai Green is my go-to.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    My favorites right now Zhena's Gypsy Tea, Coconut Chai & Harney & Sons Green Tea w/ Coconut, Ginger & Vanilla. :drinker:
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Stash has (had?) a double spice chai that DH and I both LOVED, but can never find at the store.

I get it through Amazon. :-)
  • drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh--I drink tea all the time--always have. I am a green tea girl. Cannot stand that sweet potpourri herbal crap. Green tea has about 1/3 of the caffeine of coffee, so you get a little perk but no jitters. Trader Joe's house brand of green tea is actually pretty good and super cheap--a box of 48 bags is like 2.99 or something ridiculous. That's what I keep at work because I am not going to mess around with loose tea in a classroom.

At home, I have probably a dozen flavors of loose tea. Again, all green tea based. Tea Source and Republic of Tea are good places to order from. I have a green tea with green mango, one with sencha cherry and rose petals, green tea tropical, a genmaicha which is green tea with puffed rice in it--brews up toasty tasting. what else?? Tazo makes a pretty good green tea bag too-try China Green Tips or Zen.

Boil the water in a kettle and let it cool for a minute or so before you pour it over loose tea and seriously set a timer to only brew for the amount of time it tells you, otherwise it gets bitter.

good luck!!!
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Bump; trying to expand my tea choices as well!
  • myrtille87
    myrtille87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love tea!

I basically drink tea as my main fluid intake (only drink water whilst working or exercising), so I like to break things up.

I mostly buy Twinings as that's the main brand you can get a wide variety of in UK supermarkets.

Black teas:
    -normal breakfast tea with milk (no sugar) - brand of choice is Yorkshire Tea.
    -Earl Grey (a little milk, no sugar) - Twinings, or supermarket own brand. I used to have what I called "posh Earl Grey" which was Dammann Freres brand and was in these fancy silky teabags. That was nice...
    -Lady Grey - my current favourite. Like Earl Grey but a bit orangey.
    -Twinings Rose Garden (I like to put in half a teaspoon of sugar - not enough to make it really sweet, but it brings out the rose flavour)
    -Palanquin Spiced Chai (from the world foods section in Tesco). I like this with quite a bit of milk and sugar.

Green teas (I'm not a huge fan but drink them with Chinese food or if I want tea without the calories of black tea which I always add milk to):
    -Jasmine (I really want to find a nice loose leaf one - had some in a tea shop recently and it was delicious).
    -Twinings Orange and Lotus Flower.

Herbal/fruit teas:
    I can't stand most of the fruit teas you can get (berry flavours, etc.). They smell nice and then just taste of slightly sour water. But there are some herbal teas I do like:
    -Chamomile and spiced apple
    -Chamomile, honey and vanilla
    -Mint and liquorice
    -Lipton's "Morocco" (mint and cinnamon).
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of fruity herbal teas, I like things with a bit of spice or a more bitey flavour. My big go-to is Lemongrass and Ginger.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Cold Tea. Tejava Unsweetened is really good. Comes in a glass bottle.
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    Options
    TEA!! Hot or cold - I love it! If you don't have enough ideas coming at you already, mine (at this point in time) are Market Spice Tea from Seattle - seriously good stuff hot or cold - and Lipton (yep) green tea superfruit acai dragonfruit melon flavor as an iced tea. So good I go through a jug a day. Also, The Republic of Tea has some great flavors: Earl Greyer, Blackberry Sage, Cinnamon Plum.

If you go loose leaf, try different kinds until you hit the type you like: green, tisane, black, flavored, fermented. I am a huge fan of a double bergamot earl grey and also formosa oolong. Oh yum. Gotta go....need tea now. Going to make me a cup of my Harney & Sons Pomegranate Oolong.
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice Herbal tea is my nightly tea. I also love a good Chai or green tea.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I love tea. Right now I am kind of obsessed with Good Earth Sweet and Spicy - they have a black tea version and an herbal version. It is awesome. I also really like the Republic of Tea flavors. And a good old cup of Lipton is always nice too (of course, adding a lot of honey, lemon and a touch of vodka makes it even better!)
  • jessicagrieshaber
    jessicagrieshaber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Celestial Seasonings makes a tea called Cinnamon Apple Spice and it's absolutely amazing :)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I get my tea from Adagio online. Cocomint Green is my favorite! The mint flavor is slightly sweet so you don't need to add sweetener.

When I want a stronger flavor, I like to brew black tea with a slice of ginger.

I tend to get obsessed with a particular fruit flavor every once and awhile, so I buy less expensive bags of tea in the supermarket so I can drink a ton of it without breaking the bank. Right now it's peach!