Im looking for a filling breakfast recipe...

Options
2»

Replies

• askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm not really an egg fan, but I made an egg fritata/cassarole that is fabulous, filling and reheats perfectly!

I use simply shredded potato's (half the package 1.5c), 6 eggs, whatever meat and veggies I have on hand and usually monterey jack cheese. Throw it all in a glass pan, cook for 30-45 minutes at 350. Let it cool for about half an hour then cut it into even portions and place each piece in a tupperware container.

I think microwave for 1.5 minutes, and it keeps me full until around 11:30 each day (I do breakfast around 7 daily). Calories (depends on meat and veggies used) range from 230 - 300 calories per helping. The recipe builder with MFP helps me calculate depending on how I make it each week.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I seen this great idea for making single portion quiches in a muffin pan. I haven't tried it yet because I don't have a muffin pan but all you do is fill up each muffin with an egg and vegies and a lean meat. and maybe some cheese if you want. I think its a great way to get creative and can be made at the beginning of the week. or get yourself one of those microwave egg mcmuffin cookers and make them one at a time. I do this currently. only takes a few minutes. eggs are great sources of protein and vegies are great carbs. both keep you full longer. My usual go to is quick oats but occasionally I switch it up.
  • TheManda27
    TheManda27 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Pancakes

1/2 cup of oats
    1 egg
    3/4 cup of egg whites
    handful of blueberries (or your fav berry)
    Cinnamon

Make two big pancakes, top with low cal/no sugar syrup and more Cinnamon. I eat them just about every morning and find them very filling and very good!
  • Outwardlycalm
    Outwardlycalm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Homemade granola. Makes a big amount, store in a large jar or covered container. 1/3 cup (about 227 calories) keeps me pretty satisfied all morning: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/edit/51191696 You can add or delete whatever fruit/nuts you like.

Couldn't get this link to work.
  • woofer00
    woofer00 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Lazy grab and go breakfast to prep the night before (or several nights before)

1/4 cup steel cuts oats (150 cal)
    1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt (130 cal)
    Mix-Ins (??? cal)

If it's too thick, add in a splash of almond milk, but for me the thicker the better.
    Depending on my meal plan for the day, I might add in fruit, nuts, protein powder (warning: pasty!), or just some spices (cinnamon, nutmeg)

All this gets jammed into a mason jar to portion out in advance, with mix-ins on top to avoid soaking too much.
  • Juliarosemary66
    Juliarosemary66 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    HI! I make a fruit smoothie with skim milk, fat free greek yogurt, a banana and frozen summer berries. Comes in at 155 cals. I read somewhere that smoothies and homemade soups keep you fuller for longer as the food has already been blizted. I have this at 7:30, followed by 100grams of seedless green grapes at 11 and this keeps me going through a12.30 workout. Enjoy!
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    6 eggs worth of egg beaters
    3 slices Boars Head american cheese
    6-8 oz grilled skinless boneless chicken breast diced real small
    2 slices turkey bacon diced
    2 turkey sausage patties diced

mix the 3 meats completely, make a killer big azz lean meat and cheese omelette .....

about 1000 cal, and 120g protein almost no carbs, and if this don't fill you up, nothing will ...LOL...

I usually eat one of these right after a very heavy gym session ...

And hey.... you never said it had to low cal .... you just said filling ......
  • taryninoly
    taryninoly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    so many awesome ideas! I try to keep my breakfast under 300 cals. I do 1 egg with toast with coffee - but I tend to be hungry by lunch time. If I skip toast, I add another egg and I scramble it with feta cheese and basil. Protein keeps me the most full. I might add cottage cheese to this mix. Yesterday I did by a breakfast sandwich at the coffee shop (I think it was like 450 cals) but if I made it at home I can cut the cals I am sure. I saw turkey sausage patties at the store - I might check those out!
  • WishUponAStarx
    WishUponAStarx Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I usually have cottage cheese and fruit. I eat at 7am and usually takes care of me until lunch around 12...although I'm definitely hungry when it's time for lunch.
  • skyblu222us
    skyblu222us Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Egg muffins: low calorie and high protein
    4 eggs scrambled ( i use egg whites)
    shredded cheese
    turkey bacon cooked

pam spray muffin pans
    put small pieces of the bacon in the bottom of muffin pan
    then put your egg mixture on top
    then top with shredded cheese
    back in oven til egg and cheese is golden brown
    very yummy
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    I made a casserole last night for dinner that actually tasted like it would make an awesome breakfast if you add some scrambled eggs to it. I added:
    couscous
    corn
    spinach
    broccoli
    apple smoked chicken sausage
    and topped with cheddar cheese

Super good and reallyyyyyy easy!
  • Tazbabe
    Tazbabe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast food is an egg white, brown rice, chicken or ham breakfast burrito. You will get the right amount of carbs, protein, and fats!