I'm down to the 120's. For the first time in YEARS

Options
ScreenShot2014-09-20at72837PM_zps4d0792e2.png

I am five foot two, 27 years old.

I started this journey at 146 in January of 2014. As of this morning, I am 129.6!!!!!! My goal weight is 125, but I'm still elated to be out of the 130s'.

Here is what I did: I changed my lifestyle. The weight came off very gradually.

I STOPPED eating fast food. I used to drive through mcdonalds and get mcdoubles for a snack while out running errands. I would eat drive through b-fast sandwiches on a daily basis, which of course meant making it a combo with hashbrowns, cause it was cheaper to combo than order coffee separately.

Now I make protein shakes with fruit or overnight oats for breakfast.

I STOPPED baking. I stopped baking brownies/cookies for myself. I seriously love baking, but unless I have a plan to give the goodies away, I don't. Plain and simple. Baking used to mean eating the dough, eating the hot delicious baked goods, and picking at the goods till they were gone =) I'm not saying I never ever bake stuff (I still enjoy healthier lighter versions of things)

I STARTED meal prepping/ planning. Not religiously, but enough so that I wasn't stuck with having to eat out. I buy protein sources in bulk (turkey burgers, eggs, chicken sausage, salmon fillets) and always have them on hand. No excuse to not cook. I also started being more intentional about keeping snacks in the house.

I occasionally log. I logged for a couple months until I got the hang of healthy eating. I still use my food scale to help with portioning.

I STARTED moving. I started lifting weights and moving my body =) I just got a doggy, so I'm walking daily, which is helpful.

Replies

• cookeylady
    cookeylady Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! Good Job.
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look wonderful!!!! :flowerforyou:

So glad to read you have a 'lifestyle' that works so well for you.

Wishing you continued success and have fun with your new friend I'm sure he/she will bring you alot of joy.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm also 5'2" - trying to get to the 120s.
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you, but I seriously looked at your picture and your post like 3 times. You remind me so much of my bff, it's scary. Her dog's name is Light; she bakes religiously; she's recently started a diet program; she's short, although she might be 1-2 inches shorter than you. Also your before picture has the exact same face she makes in pictures. I've never see another person who reminded me so much of her. Oh, and she also taught early childhood special education for 3 years. Now she has moved on to 1st grade to 3rd grade small group tutor type sessions in school.

Anyway, I digress. CONGRATS!!!
  • boyd1977
    boyd1977 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! !
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    thanks all for the kind words
  • consideritdonemi
    consideritdonemi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! I am 5' 2" as well and started getting "intentional" with activity and eating on 8/17/2014. I hadn't seen anything in the 120 range either after I hit 35 and had a baby. Of course, I ate crap in high disproportion which didn't help. My pregnancy peak was 158 in Sept. 2010 and over the last 4 years creeped up to 143. I couldn't even suck in my belly anymore and have it fake a difference. :-) Making more intentional choices was key for me as well: counting and tracking calories via MFP, aiming for a burn of 200-400 calories when I exercise, greatly reducing/altering my alcohol consumption, and curtailing soda and fast food drive thrus considerably have been the biggest changes. Today's weigh in at the gym has me down to 135 lbs. My body still hasn't quite reached 'cute' status, but an 8 lb. loss is quite significant for me at this point. Congrats to you and your efforts!
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Hooray!!!!!
  • godswill206
    Options
    congratz!!!
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You look marvelous!

I was intrigued by the title of your topic; I haven't been in the "120's" since Reagan was president (the first time).

On January 1, 2014. I weighed 256 lbs. I've lost 84 lbs. since, and need to lose another 45. My goal is to weigh 125 lbs. (I'm only 5" tall). Reading success stories like yours is so inspiring-- I hope to join you in the "120's club" soon. Thanks for posting, and may you have continued success!
  • ttwalker87
    ttwalker87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!! Go you! I can't wait until I'm in the 120's again...
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congrats! Keep up the hard work!
  • sweetsorrow18
    sweetsorrow18 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!

You're pretty much me except I'm 5 ft and at 132 right now (SW: 147.5) - I was at 126 and gained back some =( but still back on it!!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done lass :-)
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You're looking good lady!! I'm 5"3' goal of 125-115 wtg you're inspiration ;)
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congratulations. It's good to hear that you're doing this without needing to be glued to the logging, too-- it's so much more sustainable long-term done without logging much since you learn good habits. :)
  • robinschwalb
    robinschwalb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    :smile: So, awesome, you are an inspiration, I was 132 in 2001 and now 158.8. I want to get back down to 129. Thanks for the pics. I am inspired.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's so great that you did this by changing your habits, I believe that is the best way to ensure keeping the weight off.
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Dogs are great exercise companions! Good for you!! And especially good that you've started this healthy lifestyle while you are so young! I wish you a long, healthy and happy life!
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Great work! I'm at 153 and also have a goal of 125. I need to use my scale more so my calories are accurate. It seems impossible to loose this weight as it's been a very slow journey for me. Your post helped me. Congrats on your loss!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!