Low cal/ low syn (slimming world) rice pudding 86cals

Options
stardust92
stardust92 Posts: 46 Member
Just thought I would share a tasty recipe for very filling rice pudding. It says it is for two but if you eat the whole lot it is only 86 cals!

To make a basic low Syn rice pudding for two, at 2 Syns per serving, simply:

•bake 50g dry pudding rice in 560ml water (stirred well) in the oven at 160°C/140°C Fan/Gas 3 for 45 minutes.

•Remove from the oven, strain the rice to remove the remaining water and return the drained rice to the dish. Add 280ml Alpro unsweetened Almond Milk and 3 level tbsp sweetener and sprinkle with a pinch of nutmeg.

•Return to the oven for 30 minutes, or until the milk heats through.

Mmmm!

Best comfort food ever, it can also be done in slow cooker if you want to cook it while at work as it does take a while. It can be cooled and saved in the fridge too if you can resist it!

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what dry pudding rice is :(
  • MACnificence
    MACnificence Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    i just googled dry rice pudding came up as 350kcal for 100g so that would be 175kcal for 50g ?
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    me, neither.
    I have no idea what dry pudding rice is :(
  • grannieannie11
    Options
    I think she means weighed before its cooked?
  • sonytomtp
    sonytomtp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think she means weighed before its cooked?

Exactly, so it would weight less dry than after it has been cooked and absorbed the water. The calories are per serving I assume, that I think she said was 2.
    That would work out about right.
  • stardust92
    stardust92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Pudding rice you can get from any supermarket (uk) and my packet from tesco is 111 cals per 100g.

Yes weighed before cooking.

I was only trying to help share a tasty low cal alternative as tinned rice pudding can be triple those calories for half the amount.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Just use arborio rice (rissoto rice) it's the same thing.
  • sonytomtp
    sonytomtp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The packet is for cooked rice calories.