What is the best way to do a paleo diet?

Options
Hi, I am having such a hard time sticking to being healthy and over the past couple of months its made me gain weight. Now I cannot get back up and stay up. Its honestly starting to break me down, I feel so ****ty about myself. I thought maybe the best way to stop feeling like this would be to start a paleo diet. I figured if I could stick to it for a couple of weeks, it will become habit and I will, maybe, loose all the weight I have been wanting to for so long.
I do not know much about these types of diets and I want to know whats an easy way to start paleo and quit eating crap cold turkey? I really want this to be something that I can stick with and that will be easy for me to do while I go to school/work everyday.
Any insight would be much appreciated!

Replies

• VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    You have to learn about what it means to be eating a paleo diet - it doesn't sound like you really understand that. You can't follow an eating program if you don't know what you're supposed to be doing. Go on Google and start reading about the paleo diet.

Also, I hope you understand that there's nothing magical about the paleo diet, or any other diet. You can lose weight just through calorie counting and portion control.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    If you want easy, paleo probably isn't for you. Paleo takes effort and determination and is best left to those who have chossen it on principal rather then somebody looking for a easy way to loose fat. If you really want to do it I would suggest starting with doing a solid amount of research first. Also you don't need to do paleo to eat healthy. If you want to loose fat learn the calorie in calorie burnt concept first. It is the foundation of all fat loss.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    How did you do with your past dieting? Did you have a lot of restrictions that you couldn't seem to stick with?

Like the other posters mentioned before me-do your research. Don't just try to grab for something or anything. Consider what you are willing to do to keep yourself healthy long term, not just for now. Find something that fits you so that you will stick to it and obtain your goal.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    So you want to start a diet you basically know nothing about and think this is your path to success.

Ok....

If you truly want to change, the first thing you need to do is an honest assessment of exactly why you failed on all the other diets. Because, when all is said and done, "paleo" is just another diet.
  • hey_lena
    Options
    Honestly, I've never subscribed to any "diets." When I have lost weight in the past, its from just cutting back. I understand how weight loss works, thank you, but I just lack a significant amount of motivating. I always feel like I won't ever be able to actually achieve my goal; for every good day theres three bad ones. I am so inconsistent with my weight that I can't loose any actual weight and I am always stuck feeling like **** about myself.
    I guess paleo's not for me, I just thought it would be a good way to jumpstart a new period to get my motivation back.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    If you want to do paleo then do paleo. Maybe the education process and commitment it takes will motivate you.
  • klmab9
    klmab9 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm not paleo, but I went to a "paleo potluck" (friend who is paleo's birthday party) and I read the best way to shop paleo is to only shop on the perimeters of the grocery store, never down any aisles. It's not a flawless plan, but I was able to find all of my ingredients for my dish that way. Some grocery stores have the bread and dairy products on the perimeters too though, so you gotta be careful with that.

That being said.. I could never go paleo. I love cheese. And bread.

But good luck on your journey! :)
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Time machine
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Time machine
    bahahaha - whilst I don't subscribe to your views, I do appreciate your sarcasm!