Breakfast?

Options
Curently I feel like I have the same breakfast every morning... motts apple sauce cup, a hard boiled egg, and cup of green tea. I am looking for some new ideas that are just as yummy and I can eat on go. Any ideas?

Replies

• helpimfalling
    Options
    Oatmeal! You can put different things in to have variety. Nuts, fruit, nut butter, yogurt, raisins, etc. :)
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I really like refridgerator oatmeal. I know a lot of people make up several days in advance, but I do mine everynight before I go to bed.

I have 1/2 Cup old fashioned oats
    1 cup of almond milk
    2 tablespoons raisens
    1 tablespoons of Paradise Meadow - Lean Crans
    2 teaspoons of raw sugar
    1 tablespoon of chia seeds.

Mix it in a container, put it in the fridge. I get up and nuke it about 2-3 minuts, cause I like it hot.

I like this because it's super filling and usually holds me over til lunch. I have a late lunch break at work, so I need something that sticks.

I also made a chocolate one that was really yummy with fresh strawberries on top.

I have 1/2 Cup old fashioned oats
    3/4 cup of almond milk
    1/4 cup of Kroger Simple Truth Plain Low Fat Yogurt - Low Fat Yogurt
    2 teaspoons of raw sugar
    1 tablespoon of chia seeds
    1 tablespoon of hershey's coacoa powder.

Put in fridge overnight, in the morning add fresh strawberries.
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have about 1 cup of fruit flavoured yogurt and a tablespoon or two of chia, I usually snack an hour or two later with cucumber slices or grape tomatoes.
  • meganlea2431
    meganlea2431 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yummy I like the sound of the overnight oats. I am always in such a rush each morning if breackfast isn't easy I just skip it.
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    That McFamous Breakfast Sandwich

Fat Free Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 1 slice
    1 Egg over hard with cooking spray or poached, yoke broken either way
    Precooked Veggie Burger Patty or Lean Ham (any meat that fits an English Muffin)
    Light Multi-Grain English Muffin 100 calorie

Toast the muffin. Warm up the meat. Assemble the sandwich. Enjoy.

about 325 calories, depending on your brand selections
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, yogurt, mini bagel and cream cheese or peanut butter.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I've started having weight watchers breakfast burritos (240 cals for 2 of them). Bought a big bag of them at Costco and they are packaged 2/pk so there is less temptation to 'just have another one'.
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    for weekend breakfasts, which tend to be later and so I skip my AM snack, I often have a chocolate yogurt fruit cup ..

6oz plain non fat greek yogurt
    1 tbsp of PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
    1 tbsp of dark chocolate
    1 tbsp of chia seeds
    1/8 cup of banana
    1/4 packet of stevia raw

Fluff it up until all of these ingredients

add 3/4 cup of whatever fresh fruit floats your boat

I had 1/8 cup each of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries

Calories 228
    Carbs 28g <net 19 g>
    fat 4g
    Protien 24g
    Fiber 9g
    Sugar 9g

It's not a granola bowl of crunchiness.. but it is pretty delicious and feel weekend decadent ..
  • meganlea2431
    meganlea2431 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    AwesomeI think you all have really great ideas. I think i will try to have a few of these options on hand now.
  • genealogyfan
    Options
    On the Wheat Belly Facebook page, I asked for breakfast advice because I'm not an egg person, do not eat any grains - so - what the heck is left??? Got a really good answer!!! "Who said that meal content has to be labeled as "breakfast, lunch and dinner"?? If you love spinach & veggie salad who says you can't have it for breakfast?? Leftover chicken, romaine lettuce and other cold veggies with a yummy viniagrette dressing? Go for it. I can't tell you how much this one piece of advice has helped me. Do not place selected foods in categories just for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Nature valley crunchy honey oat bars. 200 cals, super yummy.
  • Project2015
    Options
    pumpkin pancakes, banana pancakes [both are awesome and can be sealed in freezer bags and reheated] crepes! you can fill them with anything, fruits and sweets, or hot and spicy, i had some with eggs cheese and onion for breakfast, like an omelet burrito, but crepe instead of tortilla [less sodium/calories]
    oatmeal, cream of wheat. or even a heavy duty smoothie: protein powder, fruit of your choice, ice, greek yogurt, almond/coconut milk or juice, applesauce, flax seed. could be a great kickstart to your day. i have 30 mins to get ready before my day starts everyday, and never have enough energy to wake up earlier than 30mins prior though, thats my personal problem lol. breakfast should always be high in protein and carbs, its the best way to get your day going[=
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup dry oats
    1/2 milk (whole for me)
    1 or 2 eggs over easy
    salt

make oatmeal, put runny eggs on top. Yummy.
  • synostosis
    synostosis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My 'go tos' for breakfast:

- a protein smoothie (25g of protein whey egg or vegan protein and half a fruit, and sometimes spinach!), OR
    - oatmeal with a half a fruit (usually slow cooked overnight) and 4 egg whites + 1 whole egg microwaved, OR
    - a slice of ezekiel bread toasted with 5 egg whites and slice of tomato on a bed of spinach, OR
    - leftovers from the previous night (usually veggies w a side of protein, and 0.5 cups of brown rice)

I try to get in about 20 to 25 grams of protein at each meal. It's filling and it helps build muscle.
  • ealbrow
    Options
    I love overnight oats! Mix 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup yogurt (low fat, no fat, normal, plain, vanilla, whatever you like!), 1/3 cup milk (regular, soy, I use almond, whatever), 1 tsp cinnamon (this has been linked to revving your metabolism, but it just tastes good and good for Autumn!), 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tbsp chia seeds if you want. Mix it up in a jar, glass, or container. Stick it in the fridge. Pull it out the next morning and top with whatever fruit, nuts, coconut, whatever healthy topping you want!

Also, I make these egg muffin frittatas at the beginning of the week and have them throughout. A great way to get in that protein, and even some veg in the morning!

http://toneitup.com/2013/03/we-♥-food-friday-frittata-muffins/

Or, a tofu scramble, and even include quinoa!
  • aubaby
    aubaby Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Two eggs scrambled in coconut oil - For omelet, add chopped tomatoes, spinach sautéed.

Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt with fresh fruit.

Medifast bar or Think Thin Lean Fiber and Protein if pressed for time.

Medifast smoothie with fresh or frozen fruit added.
  • JayaNagarajan
    JayaNagarajan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal and green tea!

1/2 cup oats
    1/2 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
    1/2 cut up banana
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp brown sugar
    1tbsp chia seeds

Mix it all up in a jar or glass container, put it in the fridge at night, and have it the next morning!
  • aubaby
    aubaby Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    What type of oats do you use for your overnight oats?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (plain) is my favorite, with some nuts and fresh fruits. Usually around 200 calories with tons of protein.
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Some great breakfast ideas. I'm getting bored with mine too. This oatmeal recipe looks great. I'm going to try it! Thanks

I love overnight oats! Mix 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup yogurt (low fat, no fat, normal, plain, vanilla, whatever you like!), 1/3 cup milk (regular, soy, I use almond, whatever), 1 tsp cinnamon (this has been linked to revving your metabolism, but it just tastes good and good for Autumn!), 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tbsp chia seeds if you want. Mix it up in a jar, glass, or container. Stick it in the fridge. Pull it out the next morning and top with whatever fruit, nuts, coconut, whatever healthy topping you want!

Also, I make these egg muffin frittatas at the beginning of the week and have them throughout. A great way to get in that protein, and even some veg in the morning!

http://toneitup.com/2013/03/we-♥-food-friday-frittata-muffins/

Or, a tofu scramble, and even include quinoa!