HELP! low weight lots of belly fat (apple body)

Options
2»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Actually, let's just make it simpler.

Pick one method and go from there.

If you pick MFP, change your stats for maintenance and eat that number plus exercise calories back.
  • bebenevaeh
    bebenevaeh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I picked active on mfp which tells me 1780 to lose .5 a week. Tdee i put workout 4 days a week it tells me 1790.
    So i need to recomp? Totally ok w more calories! Thank u!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    That's not a lot of belly fat. It looks more like bloat, standing weirdly (such that your stomach sticks out) or a lack of stomach muscles. But honestly, not a lot of fat. What I would suggest is weight lifting - Stronglifts or something like that.
    This. Weight lifting is definitely the answer.
    This^
  • eranganm8
    eranganm8 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    That's not a lot of belly fat. It looks more like bloat, standing weirdly (such that your stomach sticks out) or a lack of stomach muscles. But honestly, not a lot of fat. What I would suggest is weight lifting - Stronglifts or something like that.
    This. Weight lifting is definitely the answer.
    This^

Second this!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I also reccomend strength training. Strong Curves could be good for you. bretcontreras.com

^This and honestly, it looks more like a posture problem too.

Yes i know. I have flat feet so i do stand funny....booo lol

I agree with the above, both strength training and posture. What I'm seeing isn't so much from flat feet, but from your pelvic tilt. It's pushing forward quite a bit, I think you want to learn to tilt it back (the top part). I would suggest some yoga and/or pilates - they really helped me learn how to have a proper pelvic position, which not only helps your tummy look trimmer, but relieves stress and potential injury in the lower back. If you can take classes through your gym, that's a great resource.