How do you take your coffee?

Options

Replies

• CarKiller2013
    CarKiller2013 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Black, but it has to be GOOD coffee. No cheap stuff.
  • k_dancer_z
    Options
    I usually do cream and sugar, however one thing I like doing is a breakfast to go smoothie.

I brew a small k-cup ( i liked the mocha swirl one)
    Put that with ice, vanilla protein powder, a bit of vanilla almond milk and 2 tbsp of chocolate syrup.

Delicious and filling - caffeine and breakfast to go!
  • MrsBAT
    MrsBAT Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'll take it almost any way, depending on how desperate I am lol. If things are ideal: I have somewhat freshly roasted beans, freshly ground and then prepared in a press. I almost exclusively drink dark roast, black. But, I do have a Vue and I like a few things I can make with it, and sometimes I'll add a flavored creamer to my pressed coffee.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    - the problem with coffee is I can't leave it alone once I buy it in and then my head hurts when I drink too much.

Now "I take tea my dear" - Breakfast Tea at breakfast and Assam later on - both refreshing and no headaches.

I can't do tea if I haven't eaten in a while or I get ravenous for some reason. So I have coffee...
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It depends. If I go to a coffee house, americano decaff, black. Mmmm.. So nice and roasty....

If I am making it from my coffee pot, or getting it from Mac D's, black with two sugar. Not so roasty.

I am thinking of getting a Areo Press though... That might brew a better cup at home.
  • aprilflower18232
    aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Flavored k cup (choclate glazed donut is my fav) 1/2 teaspoon sugar and a splash of almond milk
  • CheeeekyChap
    CheeeekyChap Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a coffee freak, and I used to drink a lot of it.

Now I have one large cup as soon as I can after waking. A lot of people call this "upgraded" or "bulletproof" coffee.

This all goes in the blender:

125grams of grass fed organic unsalted butter

1.5 tablespoons of MCT oil ( Medium chain triglycerides) - basically ultra refined coconut oil.

1 large heaped teaspoon of Organic Extra Virgin Coconut oil.

Pour in coffee to french press, I use at least 2 heaped tablespoons of organic wet washed coffee, course ground.

Blend and enjoy!

I've tried loads of variations on this, too much MCT and I feel pukey, not enough and I lack energy!

I have one large cup at about 7am, and don't then eat until around 1 or 2pm.

I do the above as part of a low carb/ high fat/ protein diet, that so far has worked very well.:happy:
  • swaggityswagbag
    swaggityswagbag Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Used to take it with like two tablespoons of half and half and a lot of sweetener, but lately I've needed no cream and maybe two packets of splenda per 12 oz of coffee. But I cannot drink the cheap stuff like this.

Edit: I also drink cuban coffee, a lot. Espresso with sugar mixed in. 4g of sugar per 30mL serving, and as much caffeine as a regular cup of drip coffee, but so delicious.
  • swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Folger's K-Cup black or if I have extra calories for the day I go to the local coffee shop and get a small specialty coffee.
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I brew Dunkin at home and add powdered coffee cream, I tried black but cannot do it. Since I have given up eating junk food this is my one indulgence.
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Organic, fair-trade, coffee beans brewed in my French press. Then I put my homemade coconut milk creamer in it. Yummmy!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    with 40% heavy cream
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Honestly, depending on the brand it's either black, add in a bit of milk or cream (depending on what's available) or Mom likes her Coffeemate so she puts some in every time she makes me a cup...
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    With 1tbsp half and half to each 8oz coffee. Done.
  • therocpile
    therocpile Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    French Vanilla, Black.

Sometimes I add Stevia & 1tbsp of almond milk
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Black. And from the gas station.
  • TheProudDadLife
    TheProudDadLife Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    black , no cals..
  • princessmommy122
    princessmommy122 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I brew dunkins coffee at home. Strong. Splash of skim.
  • PeaceisLove
    Options
    2% only please
  • Roughy92
    Roughy92 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I take it black...like my men.