Maintainers - Did your boobs get better eventually?

Options

Replies

• meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    5 words. puddin'. in a tube sock.

even at my biggest, my boob skin looked like I'd had bigger boobs that had deflated even though that hadn't been so. I suspect they will not get better, they will only get worse. you know it's bad when you alllllllllllmost wish you had a legit excuse for a health care covered double mastectomy
  • Overboard_Eater
    Overboard_Eater Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love the honesty in this thread. Things up top disappeared when I lost a lot of body fat because I was too focused on how my stomach looked. Try to keep the total picture in your head not just certain areas, since you can't spot reduce or spot increase. I let myself obsess about this for about 5 mins a day then I rock my workouts and marvel at what my body can do.
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump

My lovely ladies lumps. In da back and in da front! (Check it oooouuut....)
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    In for inspiration (and also for the funny posts).
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say they "improved" but I have noticed that lifting weights helps their appearance a bit more than when not lifting. I have had 3 kids, lost 75lbs, and have maintained for 9 months now. During maintenace, I stopped lifting weights and noticed they bagan to seem more "saggy" looking even when wearing my bra. I started lifting weights again and they are now starting to firm up again.

Keep in mind this is while wearing my bra... the apprearance there.... no matter if I and in the birthday suit, the make their best efforts to go south of the border.... :blushing:
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    When I started at 194 lbs, I was a 40DD. I am now maintaining @ 126-128 lbs and am a 36C. I am also 42 years old, so keep that in mind as I say the following, lol.

I think because mine were SO huge at the beginning I might have had a worse time of it than others. When I hit my goal weight my jamblies went from two small cantaloupes to two long pancakes tacked to my chest, haha! I would stand sideways in the mirror, scoop flat hands underneath them, and lift them up like two bags (not squishing them against my chest like a push up bra, lifting them like on an elevator) and they were ABSOLUTELY FLAT, lolol. Like flaps! It was both horrifying and hilarious. I have never, ever considered plastic surgery until that moment. And then I said, "as long as there are little children starving in Africa, I can't pay money for that in good conscience".

I ended up accepting them. I said to myself, "welp, honey, this is the body you got now. You chose to eat yourself to nearly 200 lbs. But you did a great job losing this weight and you're finished now...and this is just what happens. This is life. It's just a by-product of your journey. And....this is your reminder to NEVER eat yourself fat again!!" And then I went and bought $300-worth of Victoria's Secret bras to make them look as good as they can and called it a day.

They've perked up "slightly" since then, but I won't fool myself. I *will* say this, though - they look AMAZING in my pink VS lace bustier....and I never had a man complain yet. (wink wink)

::Claps:: Can we be best friends in real life?!
  • tabbyxxcat
    tabbyxxcat Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When I "took a break" after 40lbs lost then came back to lose the last round, my boobs looked SO much better after getting enough food and proper nutrients in that I was probably skimping out of with my 1000 calorie deficit everyday.
    They look slightly deflated now that I'm back into weight loss, but it makes me feel better that I know they will plump back up to a certain extent.
    Unless you have genetics on one of the extreme ends, nonexistent boobs or big boobs that just won't go away with weight loss, I think you'll find that they will look relatively proportionate to your "new" body.
    And like some of the ladies say, you could always work on improving the rear end too ;) haha
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I have seen a very noticeable difference between summer time and now.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I've heard this....really wonder if it's true...

I quit wearing them when I was 19. Unless I am working out or playing sports, I don't wear one. I hate them
  • WTM2014
    WTM2014 Posts: 23
    Options
    When I "took a break" after 40lbs lost then came back to lose the last round, my boobs looked SO much better after getting enough food and proper nutrients in that I was probably skimping out of with my 1000 calorie deficit everyday.
    They look slightly deflated now that I'm back into weight loss, but it makes me feel better that I know they will plump back up to a certain extent.
    Unless you have genetics on one of the extreme ends, nonexistent boobs or big boobs that just won't go away with weight loss, I think you'll find that they will look relatively proportionate to your "new" body.
    And like some of the ladies say, you could always work on improving the rear end too ;) haha

Good point! Good to find another one! I am ok with them being smaller, just don't want a case of the sags. But we shall see!
  • Betty_Rubble
    Betty_Rubble Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to follow this post! I had always just resigned myself to "fried eggs nailed to a tree"... what imagery!

OMG! I call mine empty socks, or pancakes. This is hysterical.
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Mine were wayyyy better when I weighed 25 pounds more.
    Even after 3 kids they were fine,now they are small and saggy...

I don't expect them to improve.
  • JenGranzow
    JenGranzow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    While I absolutely agree that strength training will help, there are limits. Breast tissue is not made of muscle, so the best you can do is firm up what is underneath. You can shape muscle but you cannot shape fat.

If you had larger breasts to begin with, gravity has probably been a far larger force in your life than you expected, and that becomes a lot more evident after you lose weight. I lost 72 pounds and went down several band and cup sizes. There is less fullness in my breasts than there was when I was heavy, but I will take that with a great supportive bra over being overweight any day of the week.
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'll throw my two cents in.
    I think this is highly individual. I'm currently almost 22 and wearing a 30D after an almost 40lb weight loss on a 5'0" frame. I personally lost a lot of mass from the top of the breast and ended up with stretch marks. My weight loss has decreased the size of my breasts, made them look saggier, and totally changed their profile/shape. The only thing that I have seen improve my breasts is birth control.

I don't imagine mine will get better really. I will be pleasantly surprised if they do. I don't suppose it matters though because, like other posters have said, they still look good in nice bras. I'm young and covered in stretch marks (just not on my belly) that I received during early, and fast puberty. I have already come to terms with being imperfect so this isn't anything too new. My boyfriend is ecstatic about my weight loss; sure he noticed the change in my breasts and it's disappointing but he knows you have to take the bad with the good. In the long run, there are more important things.
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    This thread has been interesting. I certainly lost a lot up top. They looked awful. They do seem a little better after a few weeks of maintenance and weight training. In all honesty though I think that this is more because I am getting used to them this way.
    I am 47 they were sagging before the diet and spilling out of my bras. My only regret is I can't find a sexy bra that will hold them up. Genie bras and sports bras are fab, but I really want a bra that gives me that kind of support but with a pretty color and a bit of lace. Any suggestions.
  • WTM2014
    WTM2014 Posts: 23
    Options
    Yes, I must say that I really do appreciate all the comments on this board and everyone's opinion and experience. It seems like we're getting a 50/50 response. 50 say they get a bit better and aren't that bad 50 say the opposite. We shall see!
  • Christi132
    Christi132 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes! They get better! It takes a while... as in many months.
  • WTM2014
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but bumping this because I'm curious to and wondered if anyone else had any success stories?
  • srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I, for one, am hoping my moobs disappear. :smile:
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    This thread has been interesting. I certainly lost a lot up top. They looked awful. They do seem a little better after a few weeks of maintenance and weight training. In all honesty though I think that this is more because I am getting used to them this way.
    I am 47 they were sagging before the diet and spilling out of my bras. My only regret is I can't find a sexy bra that will hold them up. Genie bras and sports bras are fab, but I really want a bra that gives me that kind of support but with a pretty color and a bit of lace. Any suggestions.

Go to Nordstrom's ... tell them what you want, they just bring it to the dressing room after they measure you.