Maintainers - Did your boobs get better eventually?

Options

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Short answer: Yes, they got better again. Like bags at first. Then filled out and look better now than they have in 20 years.

I really like the Jockey system for measuring. Worked much better for me than any in-store fitting I've ever had.

I also had good luck just going to Target and bringing 20 promising bras into the fitting room and just doing them all until I found 3 that fit. Then I bought 2 of each.
  • traceyandelliemay
    Options
    Confidence is key...
    Its not the package its how the package is presented....
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Personally I don't know why it matters. Saggy boobs never killed anyone that I am aware of. Being overweight did. I know which I would rather have.:sad:

My advice would be to lose the weight, then deal with whatever you are left with. Good underwear can disguise a multitude of sins for the short term if you are left with saggy boobs or things nailed to trees or whatever your 'luck' is, but believe me, you wont be on your own.:noway: Lose the weight. It matters. :flowerforyou:
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Ever since I lost the excess weight and got into shape the boobs in my life have been awesome...oh wait, hang on a second.

ETA: A well shaped *kitten* makes up for any loss in the boob department and I think the health benefits are worth it even if you lose a couple of cup sizes.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Short answer: Yes, they got better again. Like bags at first. Then filled out and look better now than they have in 20 years.

I really like the Jockey system for measuring. Worked much better for me than any in-store fitting I've ever had.

I also had good luck just going to Target and bringing 20 promising bras into the fitting room and just doing them all until I found 3 that fit. Then I bought 2 of each.

What is the jockey method? I just had mine measured (again) at a store, and when I tried on what they said it was way too tight. I hope mine get better lol, they are like deflated balloons.
  • ktothema
    ktothema Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 months into maintaining after a 6 stone loss. My goods were horrendous. But now they are definitely better and a lot less saggy. They have gone down a cup size in this time but they are now more full of breast rather than skin, so I assume I lost a cup size of saggy skin. I do put body cream on my stomach and boobs every day. Can't see the same sort of improvement to my tummy though :'(
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options

This has not been my experience shopping at walmart, where all of the braless women I see could have a straight line drawn from nipple to navel to nipple.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 60 lbs (still got about 5 to go until weight loss milestone is reached) and gone from 38F to 32D (that's a load of fat right there!!), although I've noticed this size is now getting a bit loose so it looks like I'll go to around 30C. I nursed DD for AGES.

Yes, mine look tiny and a bit saggy, but, honestly, I love 'em. I love my neat little torso and my neat little boobs, they look frikkin' marvelous. I'd look ridiculous with my old boobs and this neat little body, so if they never firm up, I couldn't care less.

DH also couldn't give a %*!)
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Just one man's universal bUUbie truths:

* A bird in the hand . . .

* "Uniquely you" is far more exciting and beautiful than any artificial enhancements could ever be.

* Gravity wins.

And finally, this video pretty much says it all! http://www.tagtele.com/videos/voir/11924

Life's much too short to be so serious :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Mine have gone down to a 32 B, I can even wear some A cups. I'm actually a bit embarrassed by them and feel bad for my boyfriend. Plus their appearance is just not...cute. But with strength training came some interesting shaping and a nice look between my breasts that just gives them the appearance of being a little larger...Hard to explain.
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    By the way, I can fairly hear the heavy breathing going on by all the men reading this thread!! LOLOL ;)

Dang skippy. BTW, your post will be better with pics!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options

This has not been my experience shopping at walmart, where all of the braless women I see could have a straight line drawn from nipple to navel to nipple.

Totally agree with this poster ^^^ LOL - check out all the hippie/back to nature gals you see and you'll soon realize that the above weblink is bunk after the age of 30, max.
    I tried this out when I was a 34B/C and 25, lol. It's fine for a few years, but catches up with you, whether you lost weight or not. Now that I'm 50 I regret not having more support when I was younger. Although now a 32D, time has redistributed the tissue and it will never be the same without a little help from the scalpel (which I'm not planning on). Sigh, just have to roll 'em up and stuff 'em back in the cups.
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Ok so, I have had huge boobies since I was 14 years old I can't remember being anything under a D cup. At my highest I was a 38F now I am a 36DD. It is so strange it feels like my boobs are separate from my body now like I can squeeze around the base of them completely, but on the flip side I feel like I might be getting more muscular underneath them I have been doing chest flies and I can feel the difference. All I want in life is to be able to go braless on occasion and wear a backless dress or something that you can't wear a bra with.

Ok so this link is 100% NSFW but it is kind of like my body gallery for boobs it is non sexulized photos of people telling stories about body image and their breasts it is actually really inspirational http://www.007b.com/breast_gallery.php
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the responses but thought I would share my experience. I lost about 40 pounds, and my boobs only went down about one cup size, but they seriously deflated at the top. They went from very full to only full at the bottom and got saggy. I've been about the same weight for almost a year now, and they have definitely recovered. They are still that cup size smaller, but they have perked back up again and look good. Not like when I was 18 mind you, but pretty good for my age and size. I didn't really do anything to help them recover, it just happened over time.
  • JeremyCraigJones
    Options
    For what it's worth, and this is coming from someone in the public safety sector, but the body is the body. It comes in all different shapes and sizes. I've seen my fair share of naked bodies whether it be trauma or medical. In the professional setting, I'm not paying attention to the body's appearance. Be it boobs or "butt", it's just another body part. All women are beautiful as is their natural appearance, although I do applaud folks that want to get into shape and be healthy. Just my $0.02
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    nope. sorry :(
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I don't have so much to lose as some others, so I won't have the saggy thing going on, but I'm happy if my breasts get a bit smaller. Too big are annoying to me.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    The boob status of a million other women will not predict how yours end up. Accept that how they end up is how they end up and if it really bothers you that badly, surgery can change it.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options

What is the jockey method? I just had mine measured (again) at a store, and when I tried on what they said it was way too tight. I hope mine get better lol, they are like deflated balloons.

Jockey - the underwear company - came up with a new bra measurement system. I'm too far from a store to have a free fitting tehre, but you might not be. I did it through the web.

You buy a fit kit for $20 (this bugged me, but you get your money back after the first purchase and there is a guarantee). It has a bunch of plastic cups in it. You tuck yourself in and find the one that works best for your unique breasts. There are many different cup sizes (I am a DD, but was only a 6 - there were a lot of sizes bigger than mine). Then you use the included tape measure to get your rib size.

They are expensive, but fit me better than anything else I've bought. Just bought a new one yesterday (I swear this isn't an ad). Here's their website with an explanation:

http://www.jockey.com/home/bra
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options

Jockey - the underwear company - came up with a new bra measurement system. I'm too far from a store to have a free fitting tehre, but you might not be. I did it through the web.

You buy a fit kit for $20 (this bugged me, but you get your money back after the first purchase and there is a guarantee). It has a bunch of plastic cups in it. You tuck yourself in and find the one that works best for your unique breasts. There are many different cup sizes (I am a DD, but was only a 6 - there were a lot of sizes bigger than mine). Then you use the included tape measure to get your rib size.

They are expensive, but fit me better than anything else I've bought. Just bought a new one yesterday (I swear this isn't an ad). Here's their website with an explanation:

http://www.jockey.com/home/bra

thanks! I will check it out.