Does the weight on your scale change depending on...

Options
...how you shift your body? And if so, do you record the lower number?

Mine changes and I go with the lower number. :)

Replies

• Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Where have I heard this before ? LoL
  • annietud
    annietud Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My hubby moves its round the hallway until he gets the numbers he likes.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Are you talking about leaning to one side?

And why not just stand straight up with parallel feet while looking forward?
  • jc_0324
    Options
    I step on it three times, sometimes I move it a little to the right if I'm not happy with the number. This morning I wanted to throw it out the window as no matter what I did, it said I gained. Mother effing scale!!!

The best way to weigh yourself is to lie on your back, put your legs up and put the scale on your feet. :smokin:
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Do you use a digital scale? I just stand still, looking straight ahead, until the number stabilizes.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I always try to put my feet in the same place and stand upright. I have to get two consecutive readings for it to count.
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I step on it three times, sometimes I move it a little to the right if I'm not happy with the number. This morning I wanted to throw it out the window as no matter what I did, it said I gained. Mother effing scale!!!

The best way to weigh yourself is to lie on your back, put your legs up and put the scale on your feet. :smokin:

:laugh: :drinker:
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Get 3 digital scales

Take 3 readings from each, average all 9 readings out. That should cut down on any variances.

Doh
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

Shifting weight, however you might define it.

Mine changes depending on if I shirt my weight forward or back.

Looking forward doesn't work for me because I can't see the the numbers. My numbers register down by my feet. I have to look down. But whatever works for you!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I always try to put my feet in the same place and stand upright. I have to get two consecutive readings for it to count.

Same.
  • Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I try to keep the scale in the same place, weigh 3 times, and whichever number came up twice is the number I record.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options

Shifting weight, however you might define it.

Mine changes depending on if I shirt my weight forward or back.

Looking forward doesn't work for me because I can't see the the numbers. My numbers register down by my feet. I have to look down. But whatever works for you!
    Of course you have to look down. But this shouldn't result in a shifting of weight by just tipping your head down. Just stand still, don't shift, until the number stops moving. Unless you have to crouch down to see the numbers, in which case I would suggest purchasing a new scale, or glasses.
  • KeeRae1989
    KeeRae1989 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Same.

I do three times and average it out. It's usually about the same (plus/minus .7 to .8 either way). Plus every scale is going to weigh you differently.
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    ...how you shift your body? And if so, do you record the lower number?

Mine changes and I go with the lower number. :)

I use the Wii FIT for all my weigh ins. It's accurate to .1lb. It won't let you manipulate it with leaning.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    You're looking in the wrong places for results! Scale isn't really your friend.

Put all that energy into getting your food weighing correct!

Then you'll see results.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Are all scales this wonky?

Mine doesn't change. Not whether I lean or move one foot 3 inches in front of the other or if I put my thumb on my nose.
    Maybe you need a new scale? Do you have it on hardwood or tile? Mine was very very very inconsistent and inaccurate when it was on carpet, even thin carpet.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    x3

Same.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

LOL. That is a bad scale. :D
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just put your scale under a door jamb or something, then you can pull up, hang on and be any weight you want?