Toning but not losing?

Options
I have been here for a little over two weeks, but I haven't lost a single pound. I also started an exercise program at the same time and even though I haven't lost anything, I can defeintely notice some toning starting to happen.

Replies

• calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the best way to check the effectiveness of a program is to take your measurements. I do mine about every 2 weeks.
  • kimiel
    kimiel Posts: 108
    Options
    Sometimes the best way to check the effectiveness of a program is to take your measurements. I do mine about every 2 weeks.

Thanks! Your baby is adoreable by the way. That's a sweet picture!! :smile:
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi Kimel, are you working out too or just doing an eating plan? In spite of all the crap you read on the internet and what you hear in the media, remember, not all calories are created equally. If there is anything I can do to help you, I sure will. I have found great success so far using fitness pal.
  • kuechletwins
    kuechletwins Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm experiencing the exact same thing! It is so frustrating to not see the scale moving after two weeks of this, but I do feel I'm starting to tone some. I'll be following this topic to see what others say!
  • ttcm515
    Options
    I would definitely say the same thing. I'm not losing massive amounts of weight and I started Jan 3 but I am definitely seeing a difference in my clothes and when I take measurements I'm losing inches. That is just how it works sometimes. The weight will eventually come off too but if your working out alot (I'm doing 6 days a week) your going to gain muscle.

HTH
    Tonya
  • trudypickles
    Options
    Hi, I f you are exercising then the build up of muscle will weigh more than fat so congrtualtions! it sounds that if you are feeling more toned then the exersice and diet are workin so keep it up and focus on your measurements and how your clothes feel... So much emphasis is put on weight, but if you think about it ; someone in the street does not know how much you weigh but they see how your clothes fit and how happy and self assured you appear x
  • drad81
    drad81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    As others have said, take measurements and don't just rely on weight as an indicator. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat so you may find that you weigh the same but are feeling more fit and looking more toned.

Another way of seeing results is by trying on that dress/pants/shirt that you've been avoiding in your wardrobe because it didn't fit and seeing if they are any closer to fitting