1lb & counting!

Options
I know I haven't been doing this long but I've only lost a pound, what do I need to do to get things moving? They say that increasing your protein intake can take the edge off your hunger - so try eating half a Co-op chicken! I'm permanently starving. What can I eat that's not fattening but will fill me up?

Replies

• Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I eat alot of snacks in between, suck as popsicles (sugar free), oatmeal (fat free milk and splenda), jello & pudding (fat free), and lite yougurts. Mostly drink alot of sugar-free drinks and rely on the popsicles since they are only 10 calories each.

:)

Of course, I eat small during breakfast, big on lunch, and small on dinner. You can change this as you wish. Try to stay away from rice, pastas, and potatoes.

I myself am not drinking caffeine or eating fried foods...helps alot :)
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    plenty of veggies!! apples are supposed to make you feel full longer compared to most fruits and veggies. and if you really want to keep the calories super low, fill up on water.. if it is hard for you to drink water, try putting lemon in it. there are these packets of crystalized lemon that taste exactly like the real thing. it's called truelemon.. it saves me from feeling snacky and buying bad foods and snacks.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    EGG WHITES! Around girl-time I never can seem to get full so I eat 5 egg whites along with whatever meal is close. Or even as a snack. ~85 cals total. Then I'm stuffed!
  • hazelware
    Options
    you need to look at the low glycaemic load foods, these will keep the hunger at bay as they release sugars into the bloodstream at a slower rate. give me a call and i will explain all. dont weigh yourself everyday, once a week or fortnight is enough. you also need to take on some resistance exercise to build up some lean muscle tissue, this in turn will burn more calories.

Make sure you are drinking water, sometimes hunger is mistaken for thirst, so drink first and then see how you feel.

Good Luck
    H
  • embym
    embym Posts: 65
    Options
    I basically am eating alllll the time. My typical day is this: eat a granola bar for breakfast, a few hours later have some smart dogs (awesome veggie hot dogs) and fill up like half of my plate with a yummy filling veggie like green beans or edamame, midway through the day I have a light yoplait thick and creamy yogurt (since it's thick it fills you up), then I have a good sized supper around 400-500 calories (I say supper because I usually eat around 5), then in the evening I have a second dinner around 300 calories and then late at night (I usually stay up till 1) I have oatmeal or something.

Basically early in the day I have foods that are very light with a lot of protein, fiber, and complex carbs, and then have bigger, more balanced meals at night. Since I wake up around 10am and go to bed at 2am as I'm a college student, you might want to shift it back a bit time-wise.
  • embym
    embym Posts: 65
    Options
    P.S. Another trick I have is have only "real food" (no desserts or fluffy carbs) unless they are my exercise calories. I try to make it feel as if I'm eating a meal instead of a snack so that I psychologically feel fuller longer.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, fruit, vegys. Whole wheat bread and pasta, tuna, chicken etc.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!