What are your best low calorie high protien foods?

Options
Think I have that right.....
What foods do you use for low calorie dense protien foods.
What is dense protein?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,913 Member
    Options
    Tilapia has a high protein to calorie ratio. And dense I would imagine means just that.
  • sveltewisher
    sveltewisher Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Amaranth
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you're eating. I think boneless skinless chicken is the best out there, and for supplements I use a low carb whey protein.
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    scallops?
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I think you mean low calorie protein dense which basically just means a high amount of protein relative to the calorie amount.

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-highest-in-protein.php
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    10px3l1.gif
  • VibrantAnnette
    VibrantAnnette Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    grilled broiled baked poached or raw: cold-seawater fish, seafood, turkey. chicken ok but still naturally higher fat that's not like beneficial fish oil.

whey protein: only grass-fed organic whey protein, non-denatured. Designs for Health brand and Now brand.

lentils and peas, quinoa.

boiled or poached eggs.

hard cheeses.

peanuts (highest protein of any nut), and raw of any of the following: almonds, cashews, coconut, avocado, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds. hazelnuts, walnuts, pistachios, brazil nuts, mac nuts, pinenuts. (raw is not roasted. all oils go rancid very quickly once heated, so roasted nuts go rancid oil within a month. rancid oil of any kind is toxic to your body).
  • VibrantAnnette
    VibrantAnnette Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    tilapia... is known to have the highest cholesterol of any fish or red meat. it's not good for you. it is cheap farmed fish.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,913 Member
    Options
    tilapia... is known to have the highest cholesterol of any fish or red meat. it's not good for you. it is cheap farmed fish.
    lol............people will believe anything apparently.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Any type of fish. I love sashimi.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    grilled broiled baked poached or raw: cold-seawater fish, seafood, turkey. chicken ok but still naturally higher fat that's not like beneficial fish oil.

whey protein: only grass-fed organic whey protein, non-denatured. Designs for Health brand and Now brand.

lentils and peas, quinoa.

boiled or poached eggs.

hard cheeses.

peanuts (highest protein of any nut), and raw of any of the following: almonds, cashews, coconut, avocado, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds. hazelnuts, walnuts, pistachios, brazil nuts, mac nuts, pinenuts. (raw is not roasted. all oils go rancid very quickly once heated, so roasted nuts go rancid oil within a month. rancid oil of any kind is toxic to your body).

Go away...
  • fadedfawn
    Options
    egg whites are great!
  • chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have researched and found that almonds give you the most bang for the buck. They are a little on the high calorie side, but worth it for a snack. Sardines are good and turkey too.
  • one3six
    one3six Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt. The Trader Joe's 190-calorie version is so thick and creamy I almost can't finish it. It has 16 grams of protein! Also, they just released seasonal Pumpkin flavor. Yum.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    For myself...canned albacore tuna or low fat cottage cheese. Both of these seem to satiate me the most.
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt. 80 calories, 0 fat, 12 grams protein. I eat it at least once a day, sometimes twice. Great pre workout food first thing in the morning (for me anyways)
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My go-to snacks when I need a protein boost are:
    Starkist tuna packets (sweet and spicy is my fave)
    Beef Jerky
    1/2 cup (serving) 0% greek yogurt with protein powder mixed in
    If I need to increase my fat macro, then I'll bust out the nuts.:embarassed:
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Chicken breasts and tenderloins
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    dead animals