Fried Food Habit Broken

Options
I think for the first time in my life, I've stopped craving fried food! I can't remember the last time I ate it. I grew up on McDonalds so I've been consuming fried food for my entire life. I would get cravings for fried food all the time. I'm so happy!

Replies

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is huge. If that helps you, do it. If you get a taste for it and it can be done, as long as you don't go crazy, (and use good oils)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Love fried foods. Personally I couldn't imagine removing that method of cooking.
  • kierrasofia01
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm in the same boat as you and trying to break the fried food habit also. How did you do it as I'm finding it really difficult after so many years.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've found that baking things with a bit of olive oil is a tastier and healthier substitute.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Great job! I also have the taste for fried foods but have curbed it quite a bit. I have it, but not everything needs to be fried to taste good.
  • eswane
    Options
    There was no easy way or trick. I just had to stop eating it for a while. Most of the time it was with a burger or other sandwich, so I would just substitute other sides if i could.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    NIce job. Celebrate each victory.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I think for the first time in my life, I've stopped craving fried food! I can't remember the last time I ate it. I grew up on McDonalds so I've been consuming fried food for my entire life. I would get cravings for fried food all the time. I'm so happy!

Wow, great non scale victory! Good for you.
  • Jacobedward02
    Options
    Fried foods that many of us eat and regret later because we experience stomach problems afterwards.
    Read this interesting article
    http://www.belmarrahealth.com/colon-and-digestive/unexpected-foods-making-you-suffer/