Loss of motivation? Weight gain in SUMMER!!!!!!

Options
Hello, my names Sadie. I started my weightloss journey back last october. I've lost 26 pound so far and I'm pretty damn pound of it!!! My starter weight was 180 and now I am 154.

Anyways, I am terrible when it comes to the heat as I'm allergic to the sun. So once summer came, It was agonizing to workout. I lost all my appetite, and eat about 500 calories a day from whatever cold foods and drinks i could get. I either ate fruit or frozen chocolate bars -__- I know... so bad :(. I didnt lose any weight during this period since I wasnt eating enough calories that my body went into starvation mood and clung onto whatever fatty foods I ate.

So here I am, asking everyone basically how to get back on track since I have 20 more pound to go.
Thank you.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    exercise is not required to lose weight.

and if you ate 500 calories a day you would have lost weight as starvation mode does not exist...our bodies do not hold onto fat during lean times...

If you didn't lose any weight you were eating at maitenance....

get back on track by eating at a reasonable deficit.
  • GlamourVintage
    GlamourVintage Posts: 60 Member
    Options

and if you ate 500 calories a day you would have lost weight as starvation mode does not exist...our bodies do not hold onto fat during lean times...

Agree ^^
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode doesn't exist.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

↑↑This↑↑
  • fitforlife7915
    Options
    O-O What?! it doesn't? My science teacher said it did. He said that if you are eating under the right amount of calories, your body will store it in your fat since it doesnt know when its next meal is.

But, Any advice on getting back on track?
  • jakichan
    jakichan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Adaptive thermogenesis does exist. I have repeated metabolic tests that show that it does. But I don't think it happens overnight.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Then you'll break the mode you're in.
  • fitforlife7915
    Options
    Honestly, for me its not as simple as "just eating more"
    The past couple of days, as I tried breaking my habits, I still dont eat as much as I should. I know that you should eat 5-6 small meals a day, but I've noticed that within that day I only eat 3 small meals. I've made a little progress but not as much as people think, as though my habit would break over night.

What does you meals look like during the day?
  • My advice would be to cut back on sugar and processed carbs and favour vegetables and meat.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Honestly, for me its not as simple as "just eating more"
    The past couple of days, as I tried breaking my habits, I still dont eat as much as I should. I know that you should eat 5-6 small meals a day, but I've noticed that within that day I only eat 3 small meals. I've made a little progress but not as much as people think, as though my habit would break over night.

What does you meals look like during the day?

Who told you you have to eat 6 meals a day?
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    eat WHENEVER you want day, night, rain, shine. You can eat 3 meals or you can eat 20 it really wont matter at the end of the day its calories in vs calories out thats all your body is looking at its not going to give a **** when or how it gets food as long as its there. Eat at a reasonable deficit and log any scrap of food that enters your mouth chocolate bars included and you dont need to workout to lose weight if for whatever reason medical or otherwise you cant get to a gym then just keep logging your food you will still progress. Do whatever you want just dont make excuses
  • oremus1
    oremus1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    this whole thread is ridiculous. a chocolate bar has about 250 - 350 calories. if you were just eating chocolate, even one bar as a meal for three meals a day and a couple of sodas that could still cause weight gain if you add the calories.

starvation mode is a myth

and eating 6 meals a day is unnecessary .

and are you sure you are allergic to the sun? that is extremely rare. you mean you get heatstroke or sunburn? or you don't like hot weather?
  • fitforlife7915
    Options
    When I say 6 meals that includes snacks. Haha, sorry. I should have made that clear.
    And thanks ghosthackexe, that helps alot. I was told that I should have a routine in my eating to avoid other eating or under, but i guess that doesnt make sense since you could away eat too much or too little in that meal.
  • fitforlife7915
    Options
    I had those really miniature chocolate bars, haha. Its hard to explain but I was just unable to eat much and I didnt want to have to cook so i either eat some junk food or fruit.
    And yes I am allergic to the sun, please keep your opinions to yourself if you are unable to understand my situations.
    That information I have is from what people told me last time I was on here trying to lose weight. Though it seems to be wrong from what people are telling me now.
    Ps, I was tested for it. Please have some patience. Its hard to try to explain everything when I'm getting corrected (not that i mind, I'd rather get proper information than what i have if its wrong.)
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    No worries just give it your best shot and be honest to your food diary. You'll do just fine.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I had those really miniature chocolate bars, haha. Its hard to explain but I was just unable to eat much and I didnt want to have to cook so i either eat some junk food or fruit.
    And yes I am allergic to the sun, please keep your opinions to yourself if you are unable to understand my situations.
    That information I have is from what people told me last time I was on here trying to lose weight. Though it seems to be wrong from what people are telling me now.
    Ps, I was tested for it. Please have some patience. Its hard to try to explain everything when I'm getting corrected (not that i mind, I'd rather get proper information than what i have if its wrong.)

If you want correct information, you have to give it out in the beginning. Your food diary is closed----it's hard to help you there. I'd suggest getting back to scratch. Redo your goals, weight, etc. on MFP and then start logging. After a month if it's not working ask for advice. Best :smile:
  • fitforlife7915
    Options
    Haha, thank you. I leave my diary closed because I dont like it to be to opens. I did it before and I had one girl freak out on me for having a sandwich with 2 pieces of toast. XD So I'm just a little uncomfortable with leaving it open. I have a note book where I keep track of my meals.
    My normal day of eating is probably, oatmeal with a banana for breakfast, for lunch a sandwich, and for supper chicken and veggies. Thats what I've started doing. (I'm the type of person to stick to the same meals for a week then change next week once i get sick of it. XD I usually only drink water and every now and a then I'll have an ice capp.
    Thank you for the advice.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but having a notebook is not accurate tracking. Are you weighing your food? If you don't, you don't know how much you're really eating. Since you lost weight from your starting date, it's time to update your stats. As you get closer to goal, it gets harder to lose, so you have to be accurate. Even then you can plateau. I advise you to rethink what you're doing, if you really want to be successful. Best. :smile: