Looking for motivation

Options
Hi,

I'm 19 years old and I know I'm not overweight but I'm getting there. Currently I have major body confidence issues and my physical health is having major implications for my mental health, particularly with anxiety and depression. I know I can get healthier but I lack the motivation and support network I need to keep me on track.

Anyone want to become friends on here to help me out? I know that sounds awfully selfish but I could really use the support. Also does anyone have any good tips/ advice to prevent me from straying off the trail?

Thank you :)

Replies

• brosis85
    brosis85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like! I am a personal trainer and have had lots of personal success using this app!
    You got this! Just keep positive :)
  • NickDoesFitness
    NickDoesFitness Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat as you this time last year. Throw me an add, I'll be happy to support you along the way :)

Best advice to keeping on track?

How you feel now about the way your body, constantly keep that feeling flared up inside of you, and use this hate towards your body as motivation to make a change. Sound weird I know, but it worked for me!

RESEARCH! Always do some research that fits towards your goal, there are some great people on here with great advice about losing/ maintaining or even gaining weight, and the support on here really is immense!

Feel free to mail me at any time, and welcome to MFP :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Sign up for a race in the early spring. That'll keep you motivated and dedicated to working out and eating right during the winter.
  • Malcreos
    Malcreos Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Track everything you eat. The good AND the bad. Seeing the numbers really helped me change my habits. You would THINK that those whole grain oatmeal muffins would be good for you, but no...all muffins are a trap.

Also a big help is just to not buy the bad stuff. It's easier if you live alone, or course, but if you don't, getting your family/roomates on the same weight loss train might be a good idea! It's hard to pig out on junk if there is nothing within reach.

I started simply by tracking my food and eventually started going to a boxing gym. I'm not done my weightloss but I feel that I'm on the right track.

I'm sure you can do the same!
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. You can do this....stay on this site, log your food, find an exercise you like.

Good for you. :smile:
  • dsxx1321
    Options
    I was in the same boat as you this time last year. Throw me an add, I'll be happy to support you along the way :)

Best advice to keeping on track?

How you feel now about the way your body, constantly keep that feeling flared up inside of you, and use this hate towards your body as motivation to make a change. Sound weird I know, but it worked for me!

RESEARCH! Always do some research that fits towards your goal, there are some great people on here with great advice about losing/ maintaining or even gaining weight, and the support on here really is immense!

Feel free to mail me at any time, and welcome to MFP :)

how did you lose 98 pounds?? I mean obviously diet and exercise but in the beginning what did you start out with?
  • 505_runnergirl
    505_runnergirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to request me. I have been using this app for over two years and I am always looking for people to hold me accountable. Anyone else who needs support add me too!!!
  • leightybug098
    leightybug098 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I totally know what you mean about lacking motivation. We can help eachother along :)