5'8" ladies what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Kontxesi
    Kontxesi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to be about 160 supposedly, but I'm aiming for 180 right now and I'll evaluate then. I have pretty wide hips and am skeptical of where the BMI chart says I should be. I'm looking for a size 14 US.
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread I'm 5'8 and seeing the variation in clothing size for the same height I assume it has to do with muscle mass(?) as I see one saying 154 and a size 4 and another at 14 pounds less is a 8/10.
    My goal weight is 170 but I wont know for sure until I am under 200. Long way away

Well, there's also 'vanity sizing' to keep in mind. And each clothing manufacturer sizes things differently.

Also body build matters a lot. I tend to lose off my hips and thighs before my waist, so my pant size goes down faster than my top size.
  • SlimMe37
    SlimMe37 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and just wondered if I'd set a realistic goal for myself, I'm currently a UK size 18 having dropped from a UK size 20, my goal is to be a UK size 10 weight 9st 6 lbs or 132lb or 59.87kg

I've already bought myself a pair of lovely gap jeans in my goal size as incentive on dark days x

I am the same height as you. I weigh 11st exactly. I'm a size ten on the bottom and 8-10 on the top half. I want to get down to between 10st and 10st 5lbs which is where I got to a few years ago.
  • bradsbaby1996
    bradsbaby1996 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Right! My hips are only 32 inches so even though I have a little bit of a stomach, my size is smaller due to small hips..

As for vanity sizing, you may be right but I wear a 4 in most all name brands.. Abercrombie, Arden B, Rue 21, and I wear a 27 in Miss Me and Silver jeans..
  • SlimMe37
    SlimMe37 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" ...............my goal is to be a UK size 10 weight 9st 6 lbs or 132lb or 59.87kg

I'm sure at 5'8" you'd be a UK 10 and a higher weight!
    I'm a UK 8-10 and 9 stone 2 (128 lb) and i'm a 5'3.5 shortie. :wink:
    Out of interest, how did you get 9st 6?

I know body shape comes into this as well, but yes, I am the same height as her and in a size 10 uk at 11st or 154lbs
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and a US size 6 at 153#. I think a size 6 is a healthy goal, just don't get caught up in the -# on the scale.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    5'9" and I think my revised goal weight is 62kg (136lbs) ...not too sure, I am just seeing how I go and how it looks, never been this light before. Currently 65kg (143), and a size 10 Australian (6 US)
  • dreaming13000
    dreaming13000 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am weighing in at 149 these days, 5'8 and medium boned with apple body shape. a couple months ago I was at 143 (my goal was 140) wearing US size 6/8. I have started a heavy lifting program which has bumped my weight up. still wearing the same size only bottoms are tighter in the glutes!! which I have to remind myself I want lol. I do want to be 140 still, don't really care about the size so long as I have 0 love handles and flabby tummy
  • Weightwatcher72
    Weightwatcher72 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I used to be a very long time ago it now feels a perfect size 8-10, so I know my skeletal size can hopefully deal with getting that low again, I used to weigh however just 8 and a half stone (119lb), even though there's only a stone in it - I don't really want to go that low again.

I've also got to be very careful as anorexia is prevelant in my side of my family (eldest sister and cousin)

It's interesting reading the replies of weight and sizes, thank you all for that, keep them coming x. I jumped literally with joy when I dropped a dress size from a 20 to an 18 (UK sizes), so I know this is definitely going to take a while, but I'm confident *enough* I can reach it, well I hope so anyway

Small goal posts though, I'll be happy being a 16 at the moment ????
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" - I started at 299 lbs. My husband and I talked about it, and decided that I was at my healthiest when I was around 175, so that is my initial goal weight. My husband has been with me during my teenage years of anorexia (98lbs at my lowest) and my obese years (299 at my highest) so he has seen my weight struggles and is so supportive. I am currently 209 lbs and he wants me to stop - he loves me at this size, but he understands that I am not happy yet, so he supports my decision to lose those last few pounds. I just have to be careful, because even when I was 98 lbs I didn't think I was skinny enough. I never seen myself as a slim person. This time I am trying to keep the mindset that I am going for when I feel healthiest, not when I feel pretty :)
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and just wondered if I'd set a realistic goal for myself, I'm currently a UK size 18 having dropped from a UK size 20, my goal is to be a UK size 10 weight 9st 6 lbs or 132lb or 59.87kg

I've already bought myself a pair of lovely gap jeans in my goal size as incentive on dark days x

I'm 5'8" in in about the same position with the same goal. :)
  • zoelawliet
    Options
    Around 120-125lbs/8st8lbs-9st9lbs, which I know is light for 5'8" but I feel like that would be my happy place. (I have a small frame) Currently I'm 135lbs/9st9lbs and am a size UK 8. I'm actually reconsidering my goal weight but I'm just going to keep going until I'm happy. I do want to start heavier weight training though to put on some muscle which will make me 'gain' muscle weight so I'm not really sure anymore. I started at around 185lbs/13st3lbs :)
  • Wolffie12
    Wolffie12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and am aiming for 144 pounds and a size 8. I would rather be healthy and look good than get stuck focusing on a scale weight / size, though. I've been doing a weight lifting program to attempt to get defined muscles and I know muscle does add more mass to the body. If I end up a bit heavier than the goal so be it... it's all about feeling good in the long run. :bigsmile:
  • Wendydelmo
    Wendydelmo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 1/2 and very large boned, I'm headed for 180lbs to start, then see where it goes from there! I'm at 260 right now.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" with a first goal of 154 which would put me at 100 pounds lost but I was talking to my doctor recently and he said I could reasonably get down to 135 and be OK (just no lower) so I will probably revise to 140 and see how I feel at that point. I always thought I had a borderline large frame but I think really I was just fat and fooling myself.
  • bradsbaby1996
    bradsbaby1996 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" with a first goal of 154 which would put me at 100 pounds lost but I was talking to my doctor recently and he said I could reasonably get down to 135 and be OK (just no lower) so I will probably revise to 140 and see how I feel at that point. I always thought I had a borderline large frame but I think really I was just fat and fooling myself.

We were in the same boat!! I always thought and so did everyone else that I was large frame.. nope, just fat because now at 153 I can wrap my thumb and pointer finger around my wrist and it lap over! Was just pure fat!
  • firebloom
    firebloom Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That seems quite a low weight to me but it depends on your frame. I'm 78kg currently and I fit a UK 12-14. I'm aiming for somewhere between 65kg and 70kg. I haven't decided yet. But I have quite a muscular build and I tend to look a little bit smaller than my weight would suggest. 59kg on me would look far too thin.
  • OneGoodBean
    OneGoodBean Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'9" and currently around 330 lbs. Throughout high school I was between 250-275 lbs. So, honestly, in my fully developed body, I have no idea what I can be. That being said, my current goal is about 165 lbs. I don't care about pants size. That's so trivial to me. I just want to be healthy. I think a US size 14 or 12 would be the lowest I could go. I've got big bones.
  • rCatheriner
    rCatheriner Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and am aiming for around 180 as a goal weight. I have a large frame (broad shoulders, etc), so I think if I get below that I'll feel like I'm starving myself. I guess we'll see what happens when I get there though!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    125. I don't know if I can get back there, but that's the number I'd like to hit.

I'm still so huge at 183 that it will be at least 30 more pounds before I can really set final goals.

But my high school weight is the one I'd like to hit again. If I could, which it doubt, but I'll see. :)