Does Anyone Cheat on Their Food Logs?

Options
I eat a lot of similar foods that are the same number of calories (yogurts, cereals, etc). Do you guys put in all the different flavors you eat, or just have one kind put in, and keep refering to that in your log?

Replies

• elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Who are you cheating?
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am very meticulous about different flavors, shapes of pastas, etc. But that's reflective of my personality . . . I like everything to be just right :P
  • mollyt37
    mollyt37 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If for some reason I can't find it or I am not sure what the calorie intake is, I will look for something similar and then add about 20 more calories to it. I would rather be over on my log than under.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I used to cheat, but last week I started being very strict about being VERY honest and have finally dropped some weight that wouldnt let go for months.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I don't think if you put a different flavor of yogurt its "cheating" as long as they have the same nutrition info. But if you cheat, you are only cheating yourself really, but write it down or not, if you ate it, its still with you!
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm OVER by 605 calories today! Even after excercising. I log it all. The only I time I don't log, if the demands of "life" prevent me.
    Why lie to yourself?
  • peggybrant
    peggybrant Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am very meticulous about different flavors, shapes of pastas, etc. But that's reflective of my personality . . . I like everything to be just right :P

Me too. Borderline OCD
  • serrinac
    Options
    Nope. I log it right down to the quantity of skittles I ate that day. It helps me plan my dinners and evening cardio.
  • Randonneur
    Randonneur Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Even if you go over on calories at least write it down, then you can start thinking about it.
    I find that if you don't include it you just eat more of it cos its not counted.
    When you look for the exact type of Yogurt for example its more fun and the time it takes is time you're not eating.

For me this dieting is one day at a time, can I get to bed before I eat too much.

So on this basis if you hit your goal at lunch you should go to bed around teatime.
  • Toaster88
    Toaster88 Posts: 146
    Options
    The numbers are the same. I was just wondering people's opinions on the minute details. It's cheating lazy, not cheating calories.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of similar foods that are the same number of calories (yogurts, cereals, etc). Do you guys put in all the different flavors you eat, or just have one kind put in, and keep refering to that in your log?

That's not cheating, that is using time management. If most of the yogurts are the same calorie there really is no point in putting every flavor in. Some yogurt brands have up to 20 different flavors, but the calories stay between 100-110.
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I log in exactly what I eat. Brand, size, flavor, etc. If I can't find it in the database, I add it myself. I know the only way to maintain a healthy lifestyle to the be in complete control and to be honest with myself and the support system that is helping me. I add every single calorie I put in my body.
  • PPFEIFER2
    PPFEIFER2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I try to find a match but if I know it is real close I use it, I do get a little Le way because I never add in my exercise stuff so that gives me a little to play with.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    if its the same calories why does it matter what flavour it is?
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I have several different flavours of one brand of yoghurt, the calorie difference is 9, I cant be bothered looking them up all the while so always log the one on my recent which is the highest one. Not cheating the way I do it but if I was always logging the lower one I would be.

I've seen many entries on here where folk are obviously lying to themselves. one was for 2 cups of coffee, 3 sugars each with none dairy creamer...entered as 60 calories! Each sugar is 16-21 calories and creamer is pretty high calorie. 60 calories, more like 160! No point cheating, only cheating yourself
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    As long as the calories are the same and it's the same item, it's not cheating and I do it. For example - I eat a lot of yogurt and jello, but it really doesn't matter to me what flavour the jello is, since it's 5 calories regardless! I put it whatever flavour is first in the database list, lol. Now, putting down 100 cal of "oranges" when you really ate 100 calories of chocolate is cheating & I don't do that, lol. :laugh:
  • chrish1981
    Options
    I cheat in the sense that when I have a bad day, I don't go through and try to find every piece of crap I ate. I'll just quick-add 1500 cals or whatever.

But yeah, if I have Polaner all fruit blackberry, and I can only find raspberry, I'll use that if it's the same nutrional info.
  • kuarta
    kuarta Posts: 65
    Options
    I was tempted but thought: Well what good would it do me to cheat? NONE! Would only be fooling myself so I record everything!
  • Janelle3927
    Options

Yah me too! ans when I don't find it I enter my own. However when I saw the the title of this post I thought you were gonna ask anyone else ate food and didn't log it..cuz I did today and I feel guilty about it. Like peopel are saying who am I actually cheating..think I'm gonna go add that extra piece of bacon now :P
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

Agree.