Let's hear some NSV's you never even thought of

Options
I went to the Dr. today for my annual physical and he told me "Wow, you've got an impressive heart! I mean your blood pressure is great and that heartbeat is amazing, steady, and sounds great!". My stats were 124/78 with a pulse of 40bpm. Two years ago I was per-hypertensive, my pulse was 67 bpm and the Dr. was about to put me on meds.

This was something which never even crossed my mind that I would hear as I started to change my lifestyle to a healthier one. This also made me curious as to unexpected and positive things that have come as a result from others' decisions to change their lifestyles.

Replies

• cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I like the NSV I have when I am at a race and I see someone from my distant past (in the race or cheering on the sides) and they have this look on their face like "whoa! what are you doing here?"
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sitting in my car and realized that my thigh no longer touched the door while I drove.

Realized I needed to adjust my arm rests on my office chair because I'm not a wide as I used to be.
  • ag27404
    ag27404 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I went to the doctor a few months ago for my yearly check up he kept listening to my heart. Finally he looked at me and asked - "Have you ever been told you have a heart murmur?" - Uh, no and that doesn't sound very good.

Come to find out I've given myself a heart murmur by working out. The heart muscle gets stronger and changes faster than the valves and I created a heart murmur. My doc told me just to keep doing what I was doing and let him know if I ever got dizzy or something like that.

Not sure if that is a NSV but I was a little proud. LOL
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Last November, I ended up having to fly to Florida on the spur of the moment. I was able to walk through the airport without my back or feet bothering me, I was able to fly without taking up more than just my seat, and I didn't have to ask for a seat belt extender. When I went to the hospital to see my dad, they were doing construction on the hospital, and we had to trek quite a ways to get to his room. Made the trek without having to stop.

When we got there, and he asked how I was doing, I explained all that - and with each extra little tidbit, my sisters and mother couldn't believe it - they didn't realize I was having to go through all of that.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    When I realized that I could get into my wife's car and sit down before moving the seat back without any part of my body touching the steering wheel... the old me used to not even be able to slide in to move the seat back.
  • rocopoc
    rocopoc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Whats a NSV? LOL
  • supersmellyflower
    Options
    Today I fit into my pre-baby weight fat pants. It's bittersweet because they are the smallest pants I fit into right now, however they were once my fat pants.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    my old skinny pants are now my fat pants. :D
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Whats a NSV? LOL

Non Scale Victory :)
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Whats a NSV? LOL

NSV = Non Scale Victory :wink:
  • MscGray
    Options
    My wedding ring that didn't fit for the past few years now fits fine, I actually have to keep fixing it because the front keeps sliding to the side.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I went to try on a few ball gowns on my lunch break, and they all looked really amazing on me.
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Whats a NSV? LOL

non scale victory! :) Something good that has happened that has nothing to do with what the scales say :)
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I can fit in my girlfriend's pants now.
  • MscGray
    Options
    I went to try on a few ball gowns on my lunch break, and they all looked really amazing on me.
    I had a good giggle after reading this, due to the picture being a male....but I see that its really a female..and I bet this felt fabulous!!!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I can fit in my girlfriend's pants now.
    She wants them back now, along with the undergarments you borrowed, as well.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    When I first got my car I couldn't buckle my seat belt with my coat on. Then last night, I threw on my coat cuz it was super cold out (low 30's) and I COULD BUCKLE MY BELT AND HAD ROOM!!

I seem to notice things like that more and more now even though the scale isn't moving! To me, it means something is happening and I'm fine with that!
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I read this thread a little bit ago and wanted to add to it but lately I haven't had too many NSVs. Actually, I've been feeling a little down about everything.

But just 20 seconds ago I was in the kitchen at work cleaning my dishes from lunch and a random women that works in my building (but nowhere near where I work) said I've been doing an amazing job with my weight loss. She called me an inspiration!!!! I have no idea what her name is but she made my day!
  • pippaw21
    pippaw21 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    honestly, it's been enjoying working out. i never thought i'd enjoy it - i have always hated 'exercise' (in quotation marks because i used to love cycling, but i never saw it as exercise - it gave me freedom) and now i push myself to do more because i enjoy it, actually love the elliptical (which used to be my worst nightmare), and come out of gym sessions feeling great. enjoying exercise is the biggest non-scale victory i could ever have - i was a PE teacher's worst nightmare and a complete couch potato - and it's one i never imagined. i always thought i would hate exercise and see it as a chore.
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Fitting in a restaurant booth. Being able to buy clothes at the regular department store instead of a specialty shop.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!