Stronger, Better, Faster Challenge August 28

It's going to be a great Thursday - if I have to force it on myself!:tongue:

CP - go ahead and join in discussions. I always check the SBF when I log my calories. I also check it before I post on the next days, so don't worry about posting after everyone else.

Today is elliptical and weigh in at the gym. Yesterday was a great yoga class - did a lot of hip/groin openers - went to weights and walked as well.

I really need to get over myself. I'm still ticked at the treatment I got from the receptionist at the doctor (insurance may/may not cover, not our problem, blah, blah, blah). I just need to bite the bullet and call them back.

I removed my ticker - it was getting to me, not seeing it move. It felt like weighing in everyday.

So have a great workout today and make good decisions!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    It's going to be a great Thursday - if I have to force it on myself!:tongue:

CP - go ahead and join in discussions. I always check the SBF when I log my calories. I also check it before I post on the next days, so don't worry about posting after everyone else.

Today is elliptical and weigh in at the gym. Yesterday was a great yoga class - did a lot of hip/groin openers - went to weights and walked as well.

I really need to get over myself. I'm still ticked at the treatment I got from the receptionist at the doctor (insurance may/may not cover, not our problem, blah, blah, blah). I just need to bite the bullet and call them back.

I removed my ticker - it was getting to me, not seeing it move. It felt like weighing in everyday.

So have a great workout today and make good decisions!

Mary
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    I dont feel like working out today. Im a bit discouraged! For almost 2 weeks ive been working out harder than ever and eating all my exercise cals and making sure I dont go over at all. So ive been under by maybe 10 cals max and my daily intake is 1300. At first my weight was going down steady.. I know it was just water weight. I went from 200lbs down to 194lbs in a week. Once I hit 194lbs it went back to 195lbs and now 196lbs! I haven't changed anything yet my weight is going up!! Ive never made it past 194lbs and im starting to think I cant! :sad: I know its not that easy to loose weight, but I don't think my weight should be going up!! :frown:
  • yoginimary
    I dont feel like working out today. Im a bit discouraged! For almost 2 weeks ive been working out harder than ever and eating all my exercise cals and making sure I dont go over at all. So ive been under by maybe 10 cals max and my daily intake is 1300. At first my weight was going down steady.. I know it was just water weight. I went from 200lbs down to 194lbs in a week. Once I hit 194lbs it went back to 195lbs and now 196lbs! I haven't changed anything yet my weight is going up!! Ive never made it past 194lbs and im starting to think I cant! :sad: I know its not that easy to loose weight, but I don't think my weight should be going up!! :frown:

I remember that week where you lost, what, 6 lbs? Your body is adjusting. You didn't lose 5 lbs of fat, so now everything is balancing out, thus your weight is going up. Go work out or I will have to slap you - oh, and your aunt will win!
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member

You're likely gaining weight because you're adding muscle with the amount of working out that you're doing. It'll pass. The more muscle you have, the more you'll burn over time.

I recommend not weighing in for a few weeks.
    Been there. :) Technically I've lost 40 pounds since my heaviest weight, though it's not going to show on my profile.
  • Carrie6o6
    Arrrrg mary your right! She will beat me!! Though I can almost burn more in 2 days then she can in a week! rrrr my competitive side!!

journey free yeah, thats probably the case! I cant not weigh myself everyday! I will go insane!! I have noticed though that now my size 13 pants fit me much better even though I am the same weight! Before they were much too tight and now they are almost perfect! (oh yes by the way another awesome pic!! I love hats like that!)

Arrrrg that scale! It better go down by next week!! :grumble:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    So I got in a funk yesterday and didn't do my yoga. Grr. :grumble: I also chose to eat my calories in mini pringles and flip size crackers instead of something healthier and I'm feeling gross now.

I go to the doc today to get the results of my liver bloodwork. I'm extremely nervous. Normally they just call me up and tell me what's going on. Maybe I'm just overthinking stuff. :ohwell:

Anyway, I'm going to enjoy some Olive Garden with an old friend of mine and catch up on life before she goes back to school. I'll be able to make good choices there, and she can still be her little veggie-only self. :laugh: Should be fun and take my mind off crap. Hopefully I can get in my P90x tonight, my bf might have to hang out in the bedroom for an hour though. He takes a big bowl, milk, and a couple boxes of cereal and sits himself in there in front of the tv. :happy:

Have a good day, all! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Hello everyone! Hope your day is turning out okay. Mine's okay. I got all the grocery shopping done for the week, which took an hour and a half at two different stores. I burned over 250 calories just for that! Yay!
    Yesterday I didn't drink all my water and I didn't eat all my calories, so I ended up at bedtime with a headache. I tried to fill up some more before going to bed but we didn't have much in the house in the way of food. I was 250 calories short last night.
    Today is:
    trying to drink all my water
    taebo...I think. Maybe Shred. I miss taebo though. I don't like working out past lunch time. I don't know why. My son goes down for a nap and that's my time to goof off, which today will be spent working out and then showering. Fun.
    I found myself at the store making healthier food choices! How did that happen? Although I will be having more gluten free breads this week. I just can't stomach the eggs right now for breakfast. I'll have to watch my portions and make sure I exercise to keep it off.
    Alright, have a good work out day!
  • Carrie6o6
    I remember that week where you lost, what, 6 lbs? Your body is adjusting. You didn't lose 5 lbs of fat, so now everything is balancing out, thus your weight is going up. Go work out or I will have to slap you - oh, and your aunt will win!

Ok Mary! I did it!! I burned just over 400cals!! Im feeling great! :bigsmile: no need to get violent now!! :tongue:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member

Ok Mary! I did it!! I burned just over 400cals!! Im feeling great! :bigsmile: no need to get violent now!! :tongue:

Oh man, I was looking forward to a fight! Just kidding. . .

So, today I woke up and thought to myself: "things are getting better." (actually it came in the form of the Beatles' song I think is called "getting better". Then, today I discovered that my counselor, who was not going to be working with me in the fall got her position extended, so I get to keep her. Followed (literally walking out of her office) by a phone call from my Dept. chair saying that two profs were asking for me for my TAship, and I got to chose which one I wanted. I went with the one that was less work :tongue: as I have a big year. And, I got word I got a seat in the French proficiency class that's almost impossible to get into, which saves me from one of my big scary language proficiency tests. My biorhythms must be shifting.:laugh: Me and my micro-gut (my husband's new term) are making peace with the world.

Today is weights (arms, back, shoulders and abs) and spinning. I still have a mild case of the "don't wannas". . .but I'll get over it.

Happy workouts.

Oh, and update on the "new percentages". I like carbs. a lot. I don't know if I'll last. I felt a little more energetic. I think this is the same slow/fast oxidizer theory with another name. When I took that Jillian Michaels book from the library, I was a "slow oxidizer" which requires more protein and less carbs. I'll keep up with the search for balance.:flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6

Oh man, I was looking forward to a fight! Just kidding. . .

Im a sissy I would run as long as I could which isnt long hahaha I cant take a hit very well! hahahaha
  • yoginimary
    Good thing about going to the gym - burned 810 calories on the elliptical and actually mixed some jogging in with the walking.

Bad thing about going to the gym - confirmed I'm gaining weight - up 2 lbs - don't know if that had something to do with the inspiration to run.

Made an appointment with the doctor - Sept 17 is the big day. I'll have to plead for a complete thyroid panel and I'm waiting to hear back if it's ok (I had 40% of my thyroid removed when I was 15 and it hasn't been checked in 20 years). My husband is still hopeful that the doc can prescribe a dietitian. I'm also considering getting my RMR tested.
  • Carrie6o6
    I hope all goes well for you Mary! I read your other post about your weight not moving for 3 months! That must suck! I hope it all works out!!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Good Morning All!

Wow, so much going on with everybody. Isn't life exciting? How dull it would be if it all went exactly the way we want it to go, every time.

“Happiness is having something to do, something to hope for, and someone to love.”
    - Ancient Chinese saying

Okay, enough philosophizing. I'm back in L.A. for a week between shoots. Last shoot was a doozy and I've got some serious goals for the next one. I might start a new "accountability" thread because I spiraled big time and I'm really bummed about it.

But for now it will be one day at a time. Today:
    ~ Full body weights circuit at gym
    ~ Bike to gym + 30 min cardio while there
    ~ Goal is to burn 750 calories during my workout
    ~ Drink my water (I'm also drinking one glass of blueberry antioxidant water a day which I LOVE)
    ~ Take my vitamins

Good luck, all!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    I'm having a mushy moment. I sure love you guys! :smooched: It's just nice to see the same friends checking in everyday and encouraging one another. You all are a lot of the reason I stick with this at all, especially since I am not losing weight right now.
    Okay I need some testosterone! I'm going to go work out now!:tongue:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    I'm having a mushy moment. I sure love you guys! :smooched: It's just nice to see the same friends checking in everyday and encouraging one another. You all are a lot of the reason I stick with this at all, especially since I am not losing weight right now.
    Okay I need some testosterone! I'm going to go work out now!:tongue:

We love you too and are so glad you are here!!!! I really love having a group to lean on for support as well -- knowing that people are here and will be positive yet tough when needed means so much.

:heart:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    What exactly is this thread about? I have read some of your posts but just wanted to know what the purpose of it is. To make weekly goals and achieve them?

Thanks!
    Tami
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    What exactly is this thread about? I have read some of your posts but just wanted to know what the purpose of it is. To make weekly goals and achieve them?

Thanks!
    Tami

We check in daily with fitness/personal goals and then report if we succeeded or not. :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary

Thanks!
    Tami

It's a fitness challenge. Every so often we come up with new goals (fitness and other) for ourselves and post them everyday. Mine are as follows:
    yoga at least 3x a week
    weights 2x a week
    cardio everyday
    8+ servings of fruits and vegetables everyday
    1 treat a week

You're welcome to join at anytime!
  • Tomorrow *hopefully* I will be riding my bike pulling a trailer with my kids which together they total 50 pounds. My sister in law and I go to the "mountain" (it is really just a large hill that they made into a state park) and we do the top part usually walking. But we have been wanting to ride with the trailers and finally we both got our "rigs" I just need to get new tubes for my trailer tires; that is why I say hopefully we will get to exercise tomorrow on the bikes.

Has anyone had experience with a bike pulling a trailer with kids? If so is it hard, easy? Any suggestions for first timers?

BTW I have failed to work out today. I woke up exhausted, my whole body seems to be made of noodles. I think in may be from my circumstances from the chemo I was taking. I had a very low hemoglobin and I am still considered anemic even though it is now a 10. I also have low potassium, I didn't know this was important..lol...when my doc called and said I needed to start potassium pills I asked her what I needed it for anyways. She was like, "Um, to live." Oh..:embarassed: oops.

So now I am taking potassium and major doses of iron *yuck*. I can't believe I am 25 and having all these issues. But anyways I am hoping my energy will return this afternoon so I feel like getting on my elliptical. Then off to the bike riding tomorrow!!!
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Good afternoon all. Did Turbo Jam again and cleaned up the garage and then walked with the kiddies. I did pretty well while I was out last night. Plain burger with veggies and two lite beers. It was fun.

Mary, I'm sorry about the Dr's office. Fortunately for me, I love mine and have no issues at all. When I went for my physical in May I got a referral for a visit to the dietician at our local hospital with no trouble at all-well, except for the fact that due to other circumstances here at home, I couldn't go then.

I think I may have found some new motivation and I would like ask you all if you think I'm being catty or tacky-after all, that's what friends are for, right?:heart:

My step-daughter is due for her first child in December. Her baby shower is September 27th and her mother will be there. She is always nice to my face or over the phone but has a mean streak a mile long and a tongue to match. I am looking forward to going. My daughter and daughter-in-law will be going also. I haven't seen the Ex in two years so needless to say she will see a new me....here's the part where I need some input-I'm already planning my woredrobe and am using that date as inspiration to stay motivated. Tacky? I can tell you this-I can't remember being this motivated in a long, long time.:bigsmile: