How did you come up with your profile name?

Options

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    In the album "Amused to Death" there was a monkey who was watching TV, listening to news, rationalizing media, how it takes advantage of people and situations, how it shapes pop culture and manipulates emotions, how our species has amused itself to death. I want to be that monkey, I want to be able to question everything and not give into the lies and emotional manipulation, but I don't want to lose that ability be easily amused by the smallest details.

My name is basically a reminder to see things the way they are, without slipping into dry impassive cynicism or losing this childlike curiosity.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    My name is Valerie. My last name starts with Go, etc.

ValGogo.

Gogo is just funny, you know?
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    My initials are KA and I like to run. Simple as that.
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I was watching a show in the background, and the girl says, "Can we hug now?"
  • crystallynnl
    crystallynnl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It is my first name, middle name, first letter of my last name ;)
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Kids name all combined with a 3 because a have three kids
  • NessaReh85
    NessaReh85 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well mine is not nearly as creative.....My first name is Nessa, then the first 3 of my last name and i was born in 1985.
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    My first name is Terri. In high school my friends called me Frog. They still do. So I am Territhefrog.

btw...I graduated hs in 1988.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I like wolves. The name Wolfsbayne just popped into my head. Not to be confused with wolvesbayne or wolfsbane.
  • 210andgoingdown
    210andgoingdown Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was turning Fifty shortly and my goal was to be Fabulous at 50 so had to play with it until I found something that wasn't already taken. Hate it BTW and can't change it :tongue:

You can change this if you want to... settings, change username :)

I got mine using my then current weight and my goal.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    First two letters of my first name + my middle name = ilfaith
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    shortened version of my first name, fave color, and shorted version of my middle name. and the number 2 just because it's a second account here and I am not creative.
  • SwedishSarah
    SwedishSarah Posts: 4,350 Member
    Options
    I had kidney cancer and so now I only have one kidney bean left in me. :)

That's a really cute username, I think the meaning behind it is interesting.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    well, clyde the cat is my middle cats name. i like the name so i stole it. he's a total weirdo, i'm a weirdo, it works.
  • runnergirl0721
    runnergirl0721 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner (I don't just like it...I love it) and I'm a girl...and the last 4 are the last for digits of my social security number..haha...no...its my birthday!
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    My name is the nick name in Romanian for Raluca which was an exchange student we had many years ago which we still consder our daughter
  • FemWeight
    Options
    I"m a female =Fem With weight issues=Weight lol
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I love the name Skye.....one of my favorite things is staring up at the clouds....

Thank you, Dear Friend.....and every George I have ever known has been an absolute delight. So, I love that name!! :)
  • Oxmarqt
    Oxmarqt Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Picked up the nickname Ox in college because I had and uncanny, and unfortunate, resemblance to John Candy. The rest is just an abbreviation of my last name. I have also had people say that I remind them of John Candy in "Uncle Buck"......Eventually I realized that I looked a little too much like John Candy and realized I needed to change things which is why I am here....
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My name is Jeri Anne and I was born in 84. I'm super creative, RIGHT? <--- that was sarcastic.