Grrr!Nasty weather... What are some good indoor exercises?

Options
I joined MFP this past Monday. I've been eating right and keeping my food diary. I plan on running daily as well but haven't been able to this week because of rain. I have little space in my apartment to work out indoors.Any ideas?. I don't wanna spend the $ on a gym. I could use my hubby's gaming room but i don't have any workout dvd's. are there any online workout videos I could watch?
or can you suggest ones i should pick up? thanks!

Replies

• carolynmittens
    Options
    i don't know any dvds to recommend but burpees, mountain climbers and pilates are great indoor exercises
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Youtube has tons of videos. Also, if you have Netflix they have plenty that are streaming through the computer or X-box.
  • deinakun
    Options
    I do this every time I go to the gym!

Winsor Pilates 20 Minute Workout :)

http://www.youtube.com/deinakun#p/c/D449E4C3ADBC6B0B/0/DU-KIXFXbOU
  • Hezzah
    Hezzah Posts: 2
    Options
    I just tried the demo for Xbox 360 Kinect's "The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout" and it was pretty cool. Well, cool/creepy...in the full "game," Kinect scans your body and helps you to develop a workout plan, then tells you how well you're following the instructor's directions while you're doing the exercises ("lift your leg higher," etc). The demo was around 9 min and I burnt at least 41 calories, so it seems potentially promising. :)
  • Sarean
    Sarean Posts: 77
    Options
    http://www.exercisetv.tv/

They have tons of free videos.
  • nataliemra
    Options
    If you have cable/sattelite, check your on demand. I found TONS there
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    If you have comcast "on demand" there are lots of workouts on I think it's called sports and fitness under the main menu. I did Jillian Michaels shred it with weights the other day. I also just started using kettlebells in my living room. You can get cardio and strength training in one short workout. I found many kettlebells excecises on you tube and made up my own routine. Hope this helps.
  • stargzrlily
    stargzrlily Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the ideas!
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You don't need to buy anything! Sit-ups, push ups, squats, lunges, jumping jacks etc. Otherwise you can buy some dumbells and a skipping rope and use them as well as the moves mentioned to create your own mini workout. Good luck!
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You might also want to try stair runs. I live on the 3rd floor of my apartment building so when I don't feel like doing much, I just go up and down the stairs for a half an hour.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I plan on running daily as well but haven't been able to this week because of rain.

And since when have runners ever been stopped by rain? :wink:

Get some decent wet weather gear and get out there.