I am so angry! (Rant)

Options
2»

Replies

• ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    one anti-inflammatory they put me on had me gain 10 lbs in 7 days!! good thing I was weighing daily and noticed it right away.. got off of that one!!! it's water - I promise! hope you find what you need to feel better !
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I was put on olanzapine and mirtazapine for depression and gained a ridiculous amount of weight, I was permenantly hungry added in that because of the depression I didnt give a **** what I was putting in my mouth. Six stone in 2 years. In the end I chose to stick with the drugs because I was better off fat and sane. Im off olanzapine now and putting in the hard work to take it all back off again.

Can your doctor tweak your meds at all? Is it something you need badly enough to have to accept some weight gain? I do wish you luck as I totally sympahise
  • TheSheepFollower
    TheSheepFollower Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry!
  • ImpracticalGirl
    ImpracticalGirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through. You did so well before the medications, and I'm sure you'll do well when you are healed and off the current round of meds.

As for the annoying, and not too subtle ads, may I suggest using an ad blocking plugin, like Adblock Pro? Works like a charm.
  • rocktheboat1
    rocktheboat1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear this. You must be so frustrated, but I'm certain that the majority of the weight is water related if you haven't actually been hungrier or anything.

Also Joining the club here with AD use.. I gained a stone and a half on Prozac and Citalopram, all I wanted to do was eat carbs all day and I used to have baguettes and sushi and curry & rice constantly, in massive portions. As soon as I came off the meds I lost it all with a bit of healthy eating and exercise. Ironically I have found that exercise (running in particular) has been the best thing I have ever done for my mental health, it just about alleviated all depression I ever had. Over a 3 month period this year I lost 2 grandparents and then got made redundant from my job which would probably make anyone depressed, but I got through it with exercise.
  • LauraPa1mer
    LauraPa1mer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You guys should use Adblock. Having ads everywhere is the worst. Pizza ads on a fitness site? That's ridiculous.
  • tturner5
    tturner5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This must be a side effect from the medicine. Ask the doctor if there's a different medicine that he could put you on! I feel ur pain!:cry:
  • melissay28
    melissay28 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    At least your doctor is trying to get it straightened out! I'm sure I would be pretty upset too.

My ad on the side is for the Disney Resort here in Hawaii...my son wants to go so bad but its $400 a night :-/
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I gained 30lbs from medication that I was taking.

I know, it's REALLY frustrating. I understand EXACTLY how you feel. I went from 145 lbs (which is PERFECT for me at 5'8" as far as I'm concerned!) to 175lbs. It took a REALLY long time for that to come off... and I had to do 1300 cal days and 45 mins/day of exercise to do it! It took almost a year!!!

Now I'm in school and I don't always have time to work out or control over what I'm eating because I moved back in with my parents. At the moment, I'm almost at that ugly, original weight again.

I feel for you. I wish I had an answer to help you with your weight issues. But medication can REALLY affect metabolism, and fat storage. it's horrible!

You're NOT alone. I hope that helps.
  • Terri6627
    Terri6627 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Google chrome and adblock. Therefore no ads. Fixes one problem, and the medication sucks super hard *hugs*
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear this. You must be so frustrated, but I'm certain that the majority of the weight is water related if you haven't actually been hungrier or anything.

Also Joining the club here with AD use.. I gained a stone and a half on Prozac and Citalopram, all I wanted to do was eat carbs all day and I used to have baguettes and sushi and curry & rice constantly, in massive portions. As soon as I came off the meds I lost it all with a bit of healthy eating and exercise. Ironically I have found that exercise (running in particular) has been the best thing I have ever done for my mental health, it just about alleviated all depression I ever had. Over a 3 month period this year I lost 2 grandparents and then got made redundant from my job which would probably make anyone depressed, but I got through it with exercise.

Totally agree. Exercise to boost serotonin rocks.
  • Hipp706
    Hipp706 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've been there too a few years back. I put on 42lb over a couple of months. I was upset but it did eventually come off so stick with it :)