Really Out of Shape

Options
I am REALLY out of shape. :cry: Could only do 2 minutes each on the cross trainer and vertical bike. My thighs hurt! OUCH!!!! :noway: Am going to work my way up to 30 minutes each.

Going to try to get 7.5 minutes on each today to make up my 30 minutes. :angry:

Annoyed with myself for getting this far out of shape. :explode:

Replies

• giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Everyone starts somewhere!

Good on you for starting now!
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Just work your way up to it as long as you stay in a good calorie range youll be fine
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    You gotta start somewhere right? And look on the bright side, you will only go up from here! Instead of focusing on the negative side, think about your goal to increase your time/resistance. Think about the amazing choice you made to improve your health. That is worth celebrating!
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Annoyed with myself for getting this far out of shape. :explode:

That's wasted emotion and wasted energy. I understand the feeling, but put it behind you. Getting annoyed with yourself doesn't help anyone - including you.

What's done is done. You are in control of what will be. That's the only thing you can change. Keep your eyes focused forward and leave what's in the past in the past.

You're off to a good start. Stay positive!
  • skylardevenney
    skylardevenney Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    im just now starting to get back into shape & i couldnt even make thru my 5 minute express tae bo this morning!!! i was shoked bc im pretty active with my kids! can i add you as a friend?
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    walking is a great way to get you some easy cardio and it can help get you to the other stuff

Good Luck

29509743.png
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    amy, you will be surprised how quickly you progress on these two. I went from 2 minutes for a week, then jumped to 10 for a few weeks, then jumped to 30

good luck
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    You'll get there. I have a long way to go but we have to start somewhere.