Feel like giving up

Options
2»

Replies

• roxyisready
    Options
    Hi,

Sometimes when you're body feels that is not receiving enough calories, it blocks and stop your metabolism. The body needs to feel that has all the needs. If you cut short in calories, your body takes all of them for biological things like breathing, digesting or sleeping.
    An average healthy diet is around 1500 good calories, with this quantity your body feels ok and will start burning.

Don't only count calories or inches, maybe your body is growing muscle and the fat is being eliminated.
  • squatsanddeadlift
    squatsanddeadlift Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Sometimes when you're body feels that is not receiving enough calories, it blocks and stop your metabolism. The body needs to feel that has all the needs. If you cut short in calories, your body takes all of them for biological things like breathing, digesting or sleeping.
    An average healthy diet is around 1500 good calories, with this quantity your body feels ok and will start burning.

Don't only count calories or inches, maybe your body is growing muscle and the fat is being eliminated.

She doesnt eat enough for it to be muscle.
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Eat more. I was on a 1200 calorie a day diet, and things were great for a while and then I stopped losing weight. I bumped up my calories and now try to stay in the 1200-1600 calories (averaging 1400 a day) and started losing again, and it feels more consistent now.
  • DianeFrannie
    Options
    Odd that none of thought of Starvation Mode. Your body is trying to keep what it has. I hope you are reading more about eating the correct amount of healthy calories. Never Give UP. most of us are struggling in different ways. Getting there a little at a time. :flowerforyou:
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Odd that none of thought of Starvation Mode. Your body is trying to keep what it has. I hope you are reading more about eating the correct amount of healthy calories. Never Give UP. most of us are struggling in different ways. Getting there a little at a time. :flowerforyou:

It's not starvation mode.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Please DON'T GIVE UP!!

your doctor recommended 800-1000!! thats what a child should be eating.

You are probably burning less calories than you think during your workouts.
    You are likely consuming more than you think.

Are your workouts purely cardio? add some resistance/strength training and you'll really start seeing results.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide