55.5 pounds down and racing bikes.

Options
MrGuilt
MrGuilt Posts: 20 Member
I'm coming up on my first anniversary with MFP. I've gone from 208 pounds to 152.5. My pant size has gone from a 36" waist to a 30" waist. In addition to MFP, I've used FitBit, The Sufferfest, and Strava (lots of time on a road bike).

In fact, the training improved me to the point that I can be a bike racer now--something I've dreamed about since college, but had put in the "probably not" category. My finishes are middle-of-the-pack, but that's credible, right?

Same shirt. Left: July, 2013 Right: July 2014
15145828928_bc1bf527d3_z.jpgSame shirt, about a year apart. Thanks, @myfitnesspal, @fitbit, and @thesufferfest. #iwkmattkyt

After a mid-August, 2014 cyclocross race.
15145772890_711b38a7f9_z.jpgSecond CXTT

Replies

• miawallace1992
    Options
    Wow truly amazing! And the fact you didn't give up on your dream to be a bike racer is so inspiring! Thanks for sharing and good luck! :)
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Awesome weight loss! You look great! :flowerforyou:
    Congratulations!
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and becoming a bike racer!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    ISLAGIATT

Nice one ;)
  • gardnerkennedy
    gardnerkennedy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Nice job, and great jersey! Don't let The Sufferfest see you smiling, though!
  • moonius
    moonius Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Very inspiring!
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    A finish in the middle of the pack is way better than where you were finishing a year ago. Be proud! Your biggest competition is with yourself.

Congratulations, though! Cycling is a great sport and an awesome way to lose weight and keep fit!
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Who is winning you or the bike?
  • ashchakraborty955
    Options
    Your story is quite inspiring
    Mine is similar but I am yet to achieve my goal.
    I am much closer to 50 than you are and i weighed 102 kg in the beginging of August 2014. I started MFP around that time and have been logging everything religiously since then. Like you, I too used to love road cycling and so started it again along with using MFP.
    The first time I went out I had to stop twice for a 12 km route to have a drink.
    Currently i weigh about 91 kg - so about 11 kg less and I already feel like a different man. And, I am cycling on an average of 100 - 120 miles a week. Did a 30 miles stint last weekend without having to stop even once and averaged a speed of 15 miles/hr.
    However, my target weight is 78 kg which is a far way off. Reading stories like yours give me the inspiration to try even harder
    Best of luck, buddy
  • Rebeccas_Life
    Rebeccas_Life Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! Congrats on your many successes!! :smile:
  • JoseCastaneda
    JoseCastaneda Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Amazing and very inspirational! congratulations!
  • sstolii123
    sstolii123 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Nice job!! A finish is a finish! Congratulations on your journey!
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! :drinker:
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic!! Congrats on all your achievements.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

I hope you keep racing bikes, especially if it's something you love. It's never too late to chase your dreams! :drinker:
  • Scott_2025
    Scott_2025 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Congrats Congrats. I also enjoy using my bike to assist in weight loss as well as improving my fitness level. A finish in the middle of the pack is a great accomplishment. Always remember, if you are out doing something you are lapping everyone sitting on the couch.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    You get down with your bad self, dude!

:smile:
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Nice work!

There's a load of like-minded cyclists on here...

Bicycling - Road & Mountain Bike: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/361-bicycling-road-and-mountain

Century Plus Cycling: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3781-century-plus-cycling

MFP Strava Cycling Club: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/50057-mfp-strava-cycling-club

Cyclocross - Riding and Racing: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/59655-cyclocross-riding-and-racing

... to name but a few :happy:
  • MrGuilt
    Options
    Don't let The Sufferfest see you smiling, though!

True--they won't think you're working hard enough.
  • MrGuilt
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

I'm 43.
  • MrGuilt
    Options
    And, I am cycling on an average of 100 - 120 miles a week. Did a 30 miles stint last weekend without having to stop even once and averaged a speed of 15 miles/hr.
    However, my target weight is 78 kg which is a far way off. Reading stories like yours give me the inspiration to try even harder
    Best of luck, buddy

Probably averaging that spring-now, with a century this past weekend.

Keep at it--you'll be able to build miles. Greg Lemond once said "it doesn't get easier; you just get faster."
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!