What magic piece am I missing??

Options
2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Organic will have no impact on your weight loss. Second, sugar is generally only a concern for someone who has a medical condition or binges from certain foods.

And you have been logging for 5 months with no loss? I know you said negative on the hypothyrodism, but have you been tested for insulin resistance or PCOS. Have you tried an elimination diet to see if you have a food allergy?
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    You seem to be doing really well. Are you weighing and measuring food? Logging all that you eat? What is your daily calorie goal?

Well my trainer says 1800 on workout days and 1600 on non... but to be honest I was gaining at these levels and I've tried to scale every day down to 1500 or less. My daily calculated amount was something like 2200 because my weight is so high, so 1800 was supposed to produce a deficit. I am thinking of maybe going further down to 1200 and rotating up to 1400 for workout days.

No no no. If you are being SUPERBLY accurate, you should be losing on 1600-1800 a day I eat about 1800-1900/day and am losing. 1200 is much too low for most people, and it's not sustainable either.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You seem to be doing really well. Are you weighing and measuring food? Logging all that you eat? What is your daily calorie goal?

Well my trainer says 1800 on workout days and 1600 on non... but to be honest I was gaining at these levels and I've tried to scale every day down to 1500 or less. My daily calculated amount was something like 2200 because my weight is so high, so 1800 was supposed to produce a deficit. I am thinking of maybe going further down to 1200 and rotating up to 1400 for workout days.

No no no. If you are being SUPERBLY accurate, you should be losing on 1600-1800 a day I eat about 1800-1900/day and am losing. 1200 is much too low for most people, and it's not sustainable either.

That isn't necessary true. There are many people who cannot lose unless they are in the 1200-1400 area. There are many factors that need to be considered to include: diet history, medical history, activity level and stats.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options

That isn't necessary true. There are many people who cannot lose unless they are in the 1200-1400 area. There are many factors that need to be considered to include: diet history, medical history, activity level and stats.

I would wager that those people aren't as active as OP and don't weigh over 200 pounds.
  • DMRinehardt
    Options
    I am one that needs that low a caloric intake. Always have (so ignore my 50+ years). I was a super athlete back when, so calories burned were high.

I finally resorted to listening to my body. I ate ONLY when I felt hungry. PERIOD. Yeah, yeah, folks scream about skipping meals - but the reality for me personally was if I ate only when my body told me to, I lost 65 lbs in 6 months and maintained a lean body for 25 years! (Until menopause and hence my presence here.)

If you bring your caloric intake down to BMR, your exercise will generate weight loss.