5'4" Ladies!!! What do your maintanence calories look like?

Options

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    1800 cals a day for me, to maintain 120 lbs. I'm 26. I don't eat back exercise calories, and sometimes I just average 1800 over the course of a week, versus hitting that exact number each day.

I don't excersize heavily, I rarely burn over 100 calories during a workout. So I don't try to eat any back.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 had a dexa scan done and it said 1200 cals.
    That was not taking exercise into account.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" and I eat around 14-1600 calories (though I'm trying to gradually add to that as I want to gain some weight. I'm 94-95lbs). And I only workout ~twice a week for 45-60 minutes.

So I think you're fine, assuming you're not way underweight like I am.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Do I want to admit how many calories I eat?

I'm just under 5'4"... technically I'm 5.3'5". I was maintaining at 103 lbs but right now I'm fluctuating between 104-105 lbs. Not sure what is going on right now... All I know is that I will lose weight on 1800-2000 calories, but that is only because I'm very active. When I was maintaining at 103 lbs for 3 months, I ate between 1900-2500 calories a day with an average of 2200-2300 kcal.

Here is the catch though.... I am training for a marathon. In July and August I was running between 45 to 55 miles per week. Just recently upped my mileage to 60 miles per week and my appetite has been bad, leaving me in between 2000-2700 calories. Luckily I think I netted just 1 lb of weight gain, but I still have to be careful.

So I'd say I eat anywhere between 2000-2600 most days with an occasional day under 2000 when I'm resting and an occasional day over 2600 when I run, like 18 or 20 miles. I've maxed out at 2900 calories and I remember it didn't even bloat me, but I ran 20 miles that day and walked like 5 in addition to that.

I'm very very active though. I run a lot and burn through all my food, so I think most women my height and weight would gain a heavy amount of weight on my diet.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey I am 5ft 2 I am 105 pounds never really ment to maintain that low but here I am!! I work with horses and do alot of gym activities.. My maintenance is 1830 but on days that I work on the yard then go to the gym afterwards it's not enough! Go up to 2000 and sometimes over that.. Have a naughty habit of if I have a day off the next day will drink my excersize calories in wine and vodka! :p
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for six months. My maintanance calories are about 1850.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'4"... technically I'm 5.3'5".

So I'd say I eat anywhere between 2000-2600 most days.........
    I'm very very active though. I run a lot and burn through all my food, so I think most women my height and weight would gain a heavy amount of weight on my diet.

The days of eating 2600 cals a day and not gaining are far behind me i'm afraid. :sad: :wink:
    I'm the same height and maintain (128 lbs) at around 1600, but don't do half as much exercise as you!
    Gonna definitely start upping my game though - with more Resistance Style Training.
  • JGonzo82
    JGonzo82 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 years old & very active; most days I eat in the neighborhood of 2500 cal, currently ~143 lbs with relatively low bodyfat.
  • dancedivine
    dancedivine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" - a bit older than you are & hovering around 123.5 pounds... ;) But, my body fat weight scale tells me I can eat around 2,100 calories each day to maintain my weight. I work out pretty regularly as well - weights and cardio. So, I figure as long as I keep it around 2,000 calories or less each day, I'm good. Of course, MyFitnessPal wants to give me a much lower calorie allowance & I don't like seeing that red, negative number each day.... But, as long as I'm not gaining weight, I'm happy!
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    thanks for this thread... I am 5'4 and still working on weight loss. Wondering what maintenance will look like.
    My goal was 145... which would put me at the tip of the "normal weight" bmi... but I see so many folks are so many pounds under that... I guess I'll wait and see what 145 looks and feels like.

Congratulations on moving to Maintenance.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    ... I am 5'4 and still working on weight loss. Wondering what maintenance will look like.
    My goal was 145... which would put me at the tip of the "normal weight" bmi... but I see so many folks are so many pounds under that... I guess I'll wait and see what 145 looks and feels like.

It does depend on age, frame size and muscle mass though.
    So 145 may be ideal for you!
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 124 pounds, MFP has me maintaining at 1540 net calories. I have a desk job but do exercise enough to earn some extra calories, most days I average 1700-1800 calories. Any more than that, though, and I gain. I have a TINY frame and little muscle mass, so don't want to gain anything but muscle at the moment.
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Great thread. I am 5'4.5", 31 y/o, and just hit 150 (yay!). I had originally set my goal to 147 (the top of the "normal" BMI range, just to see what that looked like), and have been working out doing a lot of strength and circuit training, with 1-2 more intense cardio workouts a week. I am also hoping to get pregnant soon, but want to be very cautious about weight gain during pregnancy. Maintenance (especially during pregnancy) has me concerned. I am still losing on around 1600-1700 total cal/day, though it's slowed to about a 2 lb per month loss.
  • findingmyw1ngs
    findingmyw1ngs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my maintenance calories are probably around 1000 when I don't do any exercise. I'll find that I often gain if I go over that net.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I maintain at around 2000-2300 per day depending on the day's activity. I walk my dog 3 miles every morning and do P90X or Body Revolution 6 days per week.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    43 years old
    5.4.5"
    Maintaining at around 126 pounds
    2300 calories per day

Lifting heavy anywhere from 4-6 days per week, some form of cardio at least once per week (either something like a HIIT or a distance run--up to 11 miles this week)
  • TracyV125
    TracyV125 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    thanks for this thread... I am 5'4 and still working on weight loss. Wondering what maintenance will look like.

Congratulations on moving to Maintenance.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that was working towards this goal! I found I'd be in the healthy BMI at 145 lbs so I set my goal to 140 lbs so I have a little wiggle room.

I'm with you. I'm going to wait to see how I look and feel. I'm currently 7 lbs from the healthy BMI :)
  • TracyV125
    TracyV125 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

mamadon I'm blown away by your profile pic! Wow!!!! You look FANTASTIC!!! Congrats to you on reaching your goal! What an inspiration! :smile:
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and a half! I'm 24 and was eating at 1850 and slowlyyyy gained. I'm sitting at 123 pounds and I'm very sedentary. Just got a new job and haven't quite adjusted yet so I don't exercise much. I'm maintaining at 1750 on average.
  • fiftysixkilogal
    Options

123 lbs is a champion effort. You look great. Bravo. I had to look twice at your photo - wow, amazing!