Too much sugar in my Breakfast... Ideas? help!

Options
Hey Guys,

there is waaaaay too much sugar in sultana bran blahh :( I need some breakfast ideas?
Keep in mind I dont eat eggs or seafood lol.... ?

Replies

• leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Milk has sugar in it. That's not a lot of sugar for a 'sweet' breakfast. If you hadn't had the cookie, you'd be under for the day by 6 grams.
  • mfergie889
    Options
    Just plain oatmeal with some chopped nuts and/or dried fruit! You can even add some cinnamon...Im addicted!
  • Taryn51
    Options
    All-bran, and soy milk, fresh fruit! yum
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I do plain oat meal, 1/4 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp of brown sugar (administered in two doses one half way through the bowl) and some cinnamon. Pretty sweet and definitely filling.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Cookie???.... whattt?

Oatmeal definately sounds like the go! and ill have to try soy milk im thinking!
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Cookie???.... whattt?

Oatmeal definately sounds like the go! and ill have to try soy milk im thinking!

Peters - Heaven Chunky Cookie, 83 grams
    ^ That's what you have listed under dinner for the most recent day in your diary.
  • kiannlouise
    Options
    that was yesterday haha.... its an ice cream yaa.... its thursday in aus haha
  • kiannlouise
    Options
    and a public holiday haha I didnt drink so thought i deserved it haha
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Why don't you eat eggs? They are great for you and really great as a part of breakfast. On days I go to the gym I have 2 eggs, beans, hash browns, a little cheese, and green chile all scrambled up. It's super filling, under 400 calories and keeps me going. On days I don't go to the gym I have a fruit smoothie with Greek yogurt.
  • kiannlouise
    Options
    I dont know havent since i was 11 lol.... just been turned off them and they smell haha... i know i dont like all the good easy stuff =/
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I dont know havent since i was 11 lol.... just been turned off them and they smell haha... i know i dont like all the good easy stuff =/

You should give them a try again. Tastes change as we get older, you might find that you like them again.
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    my brother is a really picky eater but he likes it when I make eggs. I like my eggs scrambled and cooked until browned, not runny at all (for scrambled eggs). Also, if I eat fried eggs, I like the yolk done over medium and dunk toast in it, but the white has to be totally cooked, like hardboiled egg cooked. The trick is to heat the skillet enough so that the egg sizzles when it hits the pan (flick some water first and see that it sizzles) then lower to a simmer and cover for several minutes. fry 'em in olive oil, it makes the whites crispy :)
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Have you tried some greek yogurt with some fruit or granola? There is still some sugar but not quite as much.

Also, I have taken to eating low fat cottage cheese for breakfast. Lots of protein and not much sugar.
  • kiannlouise
    Options
    Hrmmm I dont think I would be able to do it haha I dont really eat cake and that coz i know whats in there! I think I would vomit lol.... wouldnt be able to do it!
  • kiannlouise
    Options
    What do you eat with the cottage cheese? I usually have greek yogurt as a snack during the day!
    Its hard because I workout before breakfast so dont really want sugary stuff either... like im just getting used to eating brekfast! lol
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I usually just have a little cracked pepper on my cottage cheese. But I also love it with sliced tomatoes or peaches or other fruit.
  • marianmaj
    marianmaj Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    have a vegan protein drink with almond milk unsweetened and blueberries
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Have bran without sultanas if you're worried about the sugar content, but really I don't think that will be making a huge difference to your progress, it's a pretty healthy cereal and as long as you don't eat a massive portion it should be fine!
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Here is a breakfast goodie I used to eat ALL the time then had to cut back. I would have a cup of cottage cheese and mix in a scoop of flavored protein powder. If you don't like the protein powder, the other thing I did was add either fresh or frozen blueberries and a teaspoon of Waldenfarm's sugar free blueberry syrup. Then I would have 2 strips of turkey bacon with that. Yummy!!
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    my brekkie. seems bland, but this is normally what I eat, lol. though the last fews have been a fail.

2 eggs (i'm not the biggest fan either :p)
    Mild mexican salsa
    Spinach.

I cook everything in the microwave...
    Here's a Youtube Vid actually of the guy I got it from!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd-7a_wdVZk

Its slow carb, which is perfect for brekky!